Special cleaning

stampin_fool

Mouseketeer
Could someone please tell me how to ask for this. I just called and spoke with someone at the Fort about the problems my son has with the linens every time we go. He breaks out very badly and usually ends up sick with bronchitis and/or asthma attacks. It has gotten to the point where our doctor knows to expect a call when we are out of town because this always happens. The last two trips I asked that they use detergents free of perfumes etc and it worked to some degree and they were more than happy to help tho one of the times our room wasn't complete when we checked in at 1:00am! We had to wait until the next day for blankets and the comforter.

This call was different and the woman I spoke to said that she would look into it. I am arriving on Sunday and don't think this was a very acceptable answer to me. Guess I will need to call back and speak to a manager. Any tips/hints would be appreciated. I really want to have a "sick free" trip and also have the room ready before the end of the day as my son is also autistic and routine is key. He needs to see the room and visit it before he can enjoy himself in the parks, lol. Don't know why but it makes him feel better knowing where we will be going at the end of the day.

Ronda
stampin_fool is online now Report Post

I do not know if this will help but I bring my own sheets and pillows. It may seem like a hassle but I know which cleaning products I can tolerate and it is worth the space in my luggage to avoid an asthma attack.

I agree to take you own items. Even more security for your son. My non-special needs DGS insisted on taking his own towels when we traveled last month:confused3. But it works for me.

I was also going to suggest bringing your own linens. Definitely worth the inconvenience to have a healthy, comfortable child.

We requested the special cleaning and there is no way they did it. My parents checked in and was told the cabin hadn't been assigned yet then 10 min later got a page that the cabin was ready. Bring your own sheets. Not worth the risk.

We usually bring our own pillows but since I don't have linens that size I guess I would need to buy some. What does housekeeping do? Do you all let them know that they are your linens? What about the mattress pad? Last time they even washed that for us. I think I will call and ask for a manager and see what they say. Then just bring stuff just in case. Thanks for all your suggestions!!!

We usually bring our own pillows but since I don't have linens that size I guess I would need to buy some. What does housekeeping do? Do you all let them know that they are your linens? What about the mattress pad? Last time they even washed that for us. I think I will call and ask for a manager and see what they say. Then just bring stuff just in case. Thanks for all your suggestions!!!

I would definitely call the Housekeeping manager and maybe even the GM. If they GM mentions your call to the Housekeeping manager, it may carry more weight. They might be challenged if they use an outside vendor for the laundry. Knowing this ahead of time will help you decide whether to bring your own linens. (I like to bring my own pillow cases because the smell of some cleaning products keeps me awake.)

Ask also if you can meet your housekeeper (or the supervisor for your section) when you check in. If you explain everything to her(or him), it will be helpful. A tip in advance doesn't hurt either.

I bring my own linens (sheets, blankets, pilow cases) and towels. I also have to bring my own shampoo, soap, etc.

I am severly allergic to many different chemicals and whatever is in the detergent that they use at Disney (and other hotels) would land me in the hospital everytime we travelled. I dont trust anyone enough to just hope for the best with the special cleaning so I just pack a small suitcase full of linens and toilitries that I will need for the week. I dont bring my own pillows (its relaly not necessary or practical with flying) but I do bring the allergy covers to put on the pillows.

We have only found 1 detergent that I can use. Even the ones that are free and clear or "allergy safe" are not safe for me.

If you do decide to bring your own linens, make sure they are not plain white. Printed or colored sheets help make it clear that they are your own linens and do not belong to the hotel.

I have to sleep on a foam wedge due to back problems. I bring it wrapped and pinned in a sheet for cleanliness. I always thought just removing it from the bed each morning and leaving it on top of the dresser or in a closet was protection enough. However, at one hotel (not Disney), housekeeping went to the effort of unpinning my sheet to take it off with the rest of the sheets. I have since bought a some neon blue sheets for travelling so that there is no mistake.

We had a good experience staying in a cabin at the fort with my son who has many, many environmental (& food) allergies and asthma. Disney has different options they provide in this situation, and in our past 3 stays where we've made requests for VIP clean for allergies, no chemicals or sents, replace w/new linens due to severe peanut allergies, and no down/feather pillows - we've never had any problems. I was very worried as I'd heard that the cabins were very dusty, but ours was exceptionally clean when we arrived and I felt good about it. My son didn't need any extra meds.

Here is a link to the things that they offer:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-needs-request/

I don't post much, so if that doesn't work, just search special needs request on the Disney site.
Good luck for a safe & healthy trip!

We also have the VIP cleaning done for my son as he is a severe asthmatic. They use special linens, specially clean the floors and also change out the air filters. In the 5 years we have been requesting it 5 out of 6 times it has been done. You can tell when you walk in if it has been done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter