Special activities offered at resort?

disneybliss2

DIS Veteran
We're staying at POFQ for the first time this summer. While searching on allears, I found something that says CMs often host special activities near the pool and to check w/ guest services to see if anything special is going on during your stay. What things do the CMs host? Does it happen very often? Just curious to what activities we might stumble across and how frequent it might occur.

I've seen this at some of the dlx resorts but not at the mods.

The activities are usually around the pool area and range from crafts, to dance contests to tug of war...

Well I did notice when I was in the lobby that a CM was helping kids drawing/coloring. They have some crayons and coloring pages there near a tv and some chairs. It's really a spot for kids to sit whlie parents are checking in.

Thier is/was a doorman, Laurent, who gives kids plastic coins to throw in the lobby fountain. He also handed out mardi gras beads.

I can't say anything bad about POFQ, I'm really glad I tried going there. It'll be tough for me to try somewhere else now.

We never did any of the activities at POR nor seen them happening but I did see them "fishing" in the morning in the bayou and that looked like a great little activity!

We never did any of the activities at POR nor seen them happening but I did see them "fishing" in the morning in the bayou and that looked like a great little activity!

Not to change the subject of this post, but what was so bad about your off site trip. I was thinking of doing this in the future............

When we stayed at POR last summer they had two different days when they played BINGO around the pool. They had a table of gifts to choose from if you won, pins, lanyards, stuffed animals, games etc. The cost was $1 a card.
My son won two or three times and got some ery nice prizes.

The lifeguards also brought out a huge Jenga? game...where you build a tall tower with wooden blocks then everyone takes turns pulling out a block hoping not to make it fall.

They were cute and fun activities that you could join in on or just watch or ignore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter