• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special 9/1/08 Cruise Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Dont know G.
I am Stuffing lanyards.....:goodvibes :lmao: :cool1: :grouphug:
But I am wondering why the Mass State Police, must give you a ticket for going 70 in a 55? on Rt.95 at mid night. in my pick up? :scared1: $150.00 plus insurance surcharge, well there goes that really good driving record.. and the insurance discount. need to make a few phone CALLS!!!

How fast does the ship Go ? !!!! LOL Maybe i can Drive that? lol

Peter: Check your email.. i sent you something that might help.. :thumbsup2

Georgie: I used to have one of those thingys... I have no idea where it is now though.. probably in a bin in the garage somewhere....:rotfl2: It really didn't work that well though.

My son was in a horrible UTV accident on Sunday. We're booked for the 9/1 and are worried about how to make my son as comfortable as possible on this trip. Both arms are in casts. Seven broken bones total, shattered hand, etc. Lucky to be with us.

I wanted to cancel the trip and book for a later date, but he wants to still go since a number of his classmates will be on this trip. Is anyone on this cruise planning to cancel at this point that is in a category 3, handicap accessible suite? I waitlisted some time ago for a cat 3, but haven't gotten any word that it came through.

We're currently booked in a cat 6, but I'm very concerned about the IV pole that we'll have, as well as the other necessities to keep him comfortable.

I've got some shore excursions that we'll have to cancel, which is no biggie. The main concern is cabin space and the ease of movement, as well as space to sleep, given all the accessories he'll have. He's in our queen size bed right now and just about takes up the whole thing once his casts are propped, etc. One has to be "hung" in the air to keep down swelling.

My son was in a horrible UTV accident on Sunday. We're booked for the 9/1 and are worried about how to make my son as comfortable as possible on this trip. Both arms are in casts. Seven broken bones total, shattered hand, etc. Lucky to be with us.

I wanted to cancel the trip and book for a later date, but he wants to still go since a number of his classmates will be on this trip. Is anyone on this cruise planning to cancel at this point that is in a category 3, handicap accessible suite? I waitlisted some time ago for a cat 3, but haven't gotten any word that it came through.

We're currently booked in a cat 6, but I'm very concerned about the IV pole that we'll have, as well as the other necessities to keep him comfortable.

I've got some shore excursions that we'll have to cancel, which is no biggie. The main concern is cabin space and the ease of movement, as well as space to sleep, given all the accessories he'll have. He's in our queen size bed right now and just about takes up the whole thing once his casts are propped, etc. One has to be "hung" in the air to keep down swelling.

Oh No, that is horrible. I do not think anyone will cancel now since we are in a penalty phase. I would call DCL and see if you can get a HA 6, maybe they can switch you? Good Luck, my parents are in a HA room they do not need ( it was a GTY) but it is only Cat 11. Good Luck, I hope things work out for you.

Category 3 or 5 are the only accessible rooms that will sleep 4. I would get in touch with DCL or your TA if you have one and explain the situation to them. You will need to have a medical form filled out and if someone is in an accessible room that you could use instead and they don't have a medical need, they will move you there if they can. You will likely have to pay the difference between category 6 and whichever one they can get you in. Will he still have the IV pole in five weeks?

SmileyHammock.jpg

Cruise is getting closer. Well, for some of us, a cruise is already here.
Do you think that Scott is pacing the floor right now waiting for Lynn to wake up.:goodvibes

Lynn & Scott and Shari & Ken,,,,,have a wonderful cruise.

Everyone have a great day.

So sorry about teh accident our thoughts for the best.

Up early, I crashed last night and slept 8 hours, looking for the nagic on te horizion,

So sorry about teh accident our thoughts for the best.

Up early, I crashed last night and slept 8 hours, looking for the nagic on te horizion,

Have a great cruise! Say hi to Ken and Shari. Hope you have smooth sailings :cool2:

Disneylady....so sorry to hear about your son.

Scott & Lynn and Ken & Shari.....have a magical cruise.....

That's terrible -- thank goodness he survived the accident, though. I hope DCL can work something out for you.

Category 3 or 5 are the only accessible rooms that will sleep 4. I would get in touch with DCL or your TA if you have one and explain the situation to them. You will need to have a medical form filled out and if someone is in an accessible room that you could use instead and they don't have a medical need, they will move you there if they can. You will likely have to pay the difference between category 6 and whichever one they can get you in. Will he still have the IV pole in five weeks?

I'll know more about the duration of his condition on Monday. We meet then with orthopaedic surgery and then the next week, we meet with the plastic surgery team that worked to repair the nerves in his hand.

He and I have been talking about it this morning and he wants to keep the room we have because his friends are only a few doors down. I've been wracking my brain trying to work out the stateroom stuff in my head. If he sleeps on the bottom bunk with his feet towards the balcony, then we may be able to raise the table and use it as a prop with the help of pillows. With a cast on the opposite arm as well, it just makes for an uncomfortable night's sleep.

I'm starting to lean more towards keeping him near his friends. They seem to have been the best medicine for him thus far.

I do, however, think that I'll need to cancel our Comfort Suites reservation, hence Atlantis. I'll probably just wait to do anything until we get in from the surgeon's office tomorrow. Someone said that you can request Gortex casts and pay the difference of what insurance won't cover. These casts are supposedly water proof. We probably won't be able to do this right now due to the open wounds on his arms, but I would think they'll be well on their way to healing with all the stitches by then.

I saw someone's cruise ticker last night that said we're down to 36 days. I now feel in a panic. I booked this thing two years ago. It amazes me how fast they sneak up on us.

Sorry to hear this disneylady. That's terrible. I hope you get a good report tomorrow at the surgeon. I'm sure you're both miserable right now. Here's some pixie dust to help get you through it. pixiedust: pixiedust:

I'll know more about the duration of his condition on Monday. We meet then with orthopaedic surgery and then the next week, we meet with the plastic surgery team that worked to repair the nerves in his hand.

He and I have been talking about it this morning and he wants to keep the room we have because his friends are only a few doors down. I've been wracking my brain trying to work out the stateroom stuff in my head. If he sleeps on the bottom bunk with his feet towards the balcony, then we may be able to raise the table and use it as a prop with the help of pillows. With a cast on the opposite arm as well, it just makes for an uncomfortable night's sleep.

I'm starting to lean more towards keeping him near his friends. They seem to have been the best medicine for him thus far.

I do, however, think that I'll need to cancel our Comfort Suites reservation, hence Atlantis. I'll probably just wait to do anything until we get in from the surgeon's office tomorrow. Someone said that you can request Gortex casts and pay the difference of what insurance won't cover. These casts are supposedly water proof. We probably won't be able to do this right now due to the open wounds on his arms, but I would think they'll be well on their way to healing with all the stitches by then.

I saw someone's cruise ticker last night that said we're down to 36 days. I now feel in a panic. I booked this thing two years ago. It amazes me how fast they sneak up on us.

Sorry to ask at this difficult time but an answer from anyone would be welcome!

What's a "UTV" ?

David

Cross an ATV with a pickup truck and you get UTV (Utility Terrain Vehicle). They started out as purely work based vehicles, but quickly found a place in many people's stables as a sport and utility vehicle.

http://www.utvguide.net/

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere.
Well, on the left coast anyway.:goodvibes

Scott & Lynn and Shari & Ken should be on their way on the 10th aniversary cruise.:cool1:
Hope they have a MAGICal time.

But, those of us left still have 5 weeks to go. Sigh.
1217131190.png

We will be busy attending the viewing and funeral for David's mom. She passed away suddenly last weekend. He had just gotten back from a week's stay visiting her in the nursing home in NC, then he got the call at 5:00 am, and called us right away. I felt so badly. He now feels all alone. His sisters live in NC and NY, but visits to see the mom in NC brought everyone together. Joe will be a pall bearer. I worry for him having lost his dad a few months back. Life does go on. I know David will so appreciate going on the cruise in September with everyone!

THANKS!! Thanks for your thoughts to David. :hug: His sisters did make it up safely, but it was David who really held everything together. DH, Joe was a great support for David too. He was visiting with everyone thanking them for coming for David, and making sure they all realized how much their support meant. Joe really surprises me every day. He was soooo quiet when we first met, and here he was last night playing host for his best friend's mother's viewing. I'm so blessed to have him. :goodvibes

Oh Georgie....I feel so bad....I missed your first post about David's mother....please convey our condolences to David and give yourself & Joe a hug from Mom and I.

OUR FLIGHT!! Just signed on and see that Southwest has a lower flight out on Friday 08/29. We would save $40 per ticket, BUT would have to take more time off from work (don't know if we have it left to take). I'm going to check and hopefuly snag the lower price! Hey! A girl's gotta snag some onboard $ for souvenirs!!! :thumbsup2

UPDATE!! I GOT THE REDUCED FARE!!! Will be coming in at 1:30 instead of 6:00!

Yippee!!!! Congrats on the lower fare and more time at WDW!!!!! Wanna meet up on Friday for dinner or something????

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere.
Well, on the left coast anyway.:goodvibes

Scott & Lynn and Shari & Ken should be on their way on the 10th aniversary cruise.:cool1:
Hope they have a MAGICal time.

But, those of us left still have 5 weeks to go. Sigh.
1217131190.png

Hey Bob...some of us only have 4 weeks to go!!!!!!! :p (I can't believe I found a smilie with its tongue sticking out!!!!).....Right about now in 4 weeks, Mom and I should be in Darien GA....and 4 weeks tomorrow....checking into Pop Century!!!!!!!

Sure hope Scott & Lynn and Ken & Shari take good care of the Magic....

Oh Georgie....I feel so bad....I missed your first post about David's mother....please convey our condolences to David and give yourself & Joe a hug from Mom and I.

Yippee!!!! Congrats on the lower fare and more time at WDW!!!!! Wanna meet up on Friday for dinner or something????

Thanks Elaine. Saturday went well. The day was picture perfect weather wise... kleenex all around ;) . The service was beautiful. I was so thankful for a good day.

Yes... meeting up on Friday for dinner sounds like a plan.

Leslie... I FOUND one of those thing a bobbies! The guy in Linnens and Things had to use a big ladder to get one down for me (of course I didn't want the one on the lower rack... it was the WRONG color! :lmao: ). He pulled a whole rack of spatulas off the wall getting my thing a bobbie for me! Too Funny! After all thet, it burned through my bags!:rotfl2: BUT.. they will hold closed enough for the gifts! :woohoo:

Bob! I'm listening to BUFFET!!!

Disneylady! What an absolutely horrible accident! Thankfully, he survived!I'm so glad he still wants to go on the cruise, and is able to. Yes, friends can often speed up the healing, but I would listen long and hard to your surgeon's advice too. I'm so glad you'll still be able to make the cruise!!! :thumbsup2

We had a womderful short afternoon thunderstorm and a cool front... We're now enjoying temps in the 70s.

Yes, Happy cruise to Ken+Shari, Scott+Lynn!!!

AND HAPPY CRUISE TO ALL OF US IN 5 WEEKS>>> WHO ARE PLANNING NOT TO GROW UP DURING THOSE 5 NIGHTS!!! pirate: ARRGH!

Just got home from being out of town and found out we're state room number 5646!!!!! Thanks Tracy!

Who all should we contact to get on the master list, gift list and lanyard list?

Thanks tons to everyone for working so hard for the disboard gang...we really, really appreciate it...looks like tons of fun!

Liz and Bill Caskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter