• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Special 9/1/08 Cruise Continued - Part 3

as per the grass skirts for little ones, our local dollar store has little ones that would work. I would try there, even if you have to run a stitch or two on the sides to make the waist smaller, it's a dollar.(look that rhymed..lol) If you have trouble, let me know and I will get you one and put it in your FE.

couple of questions:

someone mentioned earlier about an Adventureers Club meet on Sunday night late. Any chance of having this happen? I have never been and can't seem to find anyone that wants to go. Anytime after 10pm works for me.

also: did not purchase travel insurance as I used to have it with my work, but since I lost my job, I am now without any. If we get hit by horrible horrible weather, are you all telling me without insurance, Disney would do nothing for me? Need to know as if I should be scrambling to get some now, I need to know.

thanks y'all

Sorcerer-Mickey Natasha State Room 5128 Happy to have the board

I noticed Gage 11 and I were not on the new FE list. :sad2: Will you please add our names. We were on the list earlier this month.

Natasha, I checked this morning and I do have you on my list as 5128. Are you talking about one of the other list /map posted.

Thank you for volunteering.

virginia

Saw JB in Toronto. I had never seen so much tailgating, put the football people to shame. There was so much pot being smoked, even those of us that don't indule had a buzz headache..lol

Parrotheads sure can party though...lol

Was that last year? In the rain?

it was last summer, at the Molson Ampitheatre.

I don't remember it raining though...hmm...

were you there???
Nah. Too many crazy Canadians up there. Eh?
Just kidding.
I thought I remembered trying to listen on RM and the transmission quit half way thru and they said it was because of storms.

Good Morning All! Glad to see everyone is up and at em!

I seem to have contracted my DS's cold. We don't leave until Saturday so hopefully I will be over it by then. Need to go to Walmart and get some vitamins, etc.

That seems mild to what some are going through right now. Georgie, here's some pixiedust: for your MIL. Virginia and Leslie, here's some for you pixiedust:

Off to church! I'll say an extra prayer for good weather too.

Thanks for the weather info Laxmom. By the way, it looks like we will be neighbors. I look forward to meeting you.

Does anyone know if they make grass skirts for little fellas? 3 years old?

Everybody have a great Sunday!

Thank you for the Pixie dust. I have seen childrens small grass skirts. Do you have a party store? thats where I have seen them. If you can't find one I'll bring one.
Virignia

We (I) didn't buy travel insurance either. I figure if worse comes to worse, I will spend the week at WDW, can certainly find a room somewhere.

I wonder if the ship doesn't sail, is there a refund without trip insurance?

I want to do this one too, but I don't run. HAve been working on a fast walk, and have been reading about walk run combos, but I still have a very long way to go... Haven't done anything lately. Life is moving quickly. Bottom line... I just need to make it a priority.

If I sign up, will let you know! I've already bought a princess crown emblem to iron on a t-shirt should I decide to do it! :rotfl2: (Don't laugh Leslie... it's somewhere in a box in our garage!)

georgie, I have been looking for a partner to do this walk/run. lets talk if your interested.
Virginia

I think I read that that has only happened 1 time in DLC history. They will take care of getting us to or from another port. We purchased the insurance for other reasons. Laxdad's mom isn't in the greatest of health and when we booked this, neither was his Dad or Stepdad. They both passed in Feb.

We've cruised with insurance 50% of the time - 2 with, 2 without. It also covers you if you have injury/health issues while out of the country. Since we are traveling with someone else's child, we just felt more comfortable having it for this trip.

Plastic bags and or rain gear, zip ties and duct tape are a travel must have.

OK, I've been meaning to ask: what's the duct tape for? I've dutifully packed it, but other than maybe taping a box shut if I get carried away with shopping, I'm coming up blank.

See everyone 9-1-08 my son and I are looking forward to it.
Good morning , If i could have a little info about you and your son, I can get you on the roster, and make sure you get lanyards to remember your cruise by,

the info needed

First names
Cabin number
and your dining time early or late.

Is the FE list final????

Final as in done No...

Final as in, will anybody else be added, the answer is NO.
No one else will be added to the FE list, so that it can be finalized this weekend, and be done with it.
As others have stuff to do...

However new cruisers, that find the thread from here on out will be added to the roster.

Lanyards at this point are done, There are a few extra's in fact i can guarantee that dmickeymaus gets them.

.... understandable....

here are the lists.

FE Roster - ulittletinker / Virginia - Click Here
CLOSED

Deadline to get on the FE list was August 21, 2008

BobandLee / Bob - PDF VERSION, Here

TheCooksLuvDisney / Daniel - FE Exchange Cabin list in an Excel Spreadsheet - Click here

Peter

quick and probably silly question.. when is the earliest/latest times for check in? What time are you allowed in our room? Can we get on the ship to get Palo reservations and get off to get the kids? Thanks!

We skipped church this morning too. Two weeks ago DD got sick from the nursery (we suspect) It took her until yesterday to get over it (by giving it to me) so we decided to be hethens and skip until we are back so we can keep DD healthy.

I have added the FE update locations to the map, I will be going into work again this afternoon so I'll post the PDF then. Luckily I work about 45seconds from my house so its not a far trip.

I hope everyone who is sick gets better soon.

We may make the wine/cheese meet on Sat. would love to meet some people, and i have a bottle of wine from a co-worker's vineyard here in VA to bring.

2 days and a wake-up until we leave, we are shaking with anticipation, and we have been teaching DD to sing "When you wish upon a star" and playing the ship's horn on youtube so she'll know it when we get on board.

I beleive the terminal opens somewhere between 9:30 and 10:00. We've never gotten there that early. They will start boarding by zone somewhere around 11:30 or so. Rooms will be ready around 1:30 but lunch is served at Topsiders.

We are heading on the ship and one of us is heading straight to RocknD to try and get Palo. We have a rendevous spot set up to meet up. I don't think I would try to go back off the ship as you will be walking against the current, so to speak. It wouldn't save you any time to do it that way, really. They also havea spot set up to have your picture taken just before you board. You could cut down the time by skipping that. I would stick together and then split up as soon as on board to try and get that ressie.

Also a 2 bedroom condo at OKW, has been offered up as the meeting place for the Dis meet, Since there seems to be alot going on on Sunday with the castle tour and what have you, we are thinking that
Saturday, August 30, 2008 time to be announced, and room number to be posted here on the thread, would or may work out better ???

Comments and suggestions welcomed....

OKW Wine & cheese meet - 8/30/ 08, 5-7 Pm - hosted by- Dopeylover54, Christie and Ken - Lanyards to be handed out at this event. Just bring a Bottle of wine and meet your fellow Disers. ????

see you there .... Comments and suggestions welcomed .....
[/QUOTE]

We should be able to come to this meet since our flight get's into MCO around 5:30 am that morning. It will depend on how Allen is feeling and if I can find a place for him to get some sleep (and yes DH MUST get some stinkin sleep!!LOL) before we are able to get into our room. We're staying at Coronado Springs Resort and I heard they have several hammocks so I'm hoping I can snag one for him.

Scott... your home looks GREAT as susal!

Of course, there is laundry and packing, and trying to find clothes that fit! :rotfl2: Oh Yes, and today, I've GOT to get to Party City... for our grass skirts!

Scott, love the new pics of the basement, it looks great. We'd love to come to a WY/CO meet at your place, but we won't be able to because of time constraints.

Georgie, I got Allen's grass skirt at Party City. Do I need to get one for me too? Did I miss that one. . . that the ladies wear them too?:confused3

Andy & Hazel, I finally got to see your video of the surprise. Andy it was wonderful and brought tears to my eyes. Well I need to go because we're off to church now too.

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

Scott, love the new pics of the basement, it looks great. We'd love to come to a WY/CO meet at your place, but we won't be able to because of time constraints.

Georgie, I got Allen's grass skirt at Party City. Do I need to get one for me too? Did I miss that one. . . that the ladies wear them too?:confused3

Andy & Hazel, I finally got to see your video of the surprise. Andy it was wonderful and brought tears to my eyes. Well I need to go because we're off to church now too.

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

I'm getting one for me too... The CBS... Coconut Bra Society! Not the Coconut Bra :rotfl2: , but will have the grass skirt! Janis... are you wearing one?

Hi Everyone

Bags are packed and on the living room floor. The cat has taken over the cruise bag, so I assume he's telling me he wants to go!

Just wanted to extend a special invitation to visit our stateroom door #5132and enter the Hidden Mickey Contest Within a Contest! The prize is two digital scrapbook pages made by me with your photos!!! Priceless and not available anywhere else! :banana: I will try to have some entry forms at the door, or you may need to find me or my roomie to get one - but what a great excuse to meet!

See you all on the ship!

Walking is good, very good. 15 min miles is very respectable. The main thing is you are getting active.

This morning I did 60 minutes on the treadmill (speed 4.0 and incline of 8) and 15 minutes on the elliptical.

I even had some people come up to me in church this morning and ask if I had been losing weight. It's nice to hear when others notice!!! :thumbsup2

Sitting here eating a salad with fat free dressing for lunch and washing it down with a glass of diet iced green tea.

We are missing church too. Laxdad is heading out on business this afternoon and won't be back until Thursday night. This is a habit of his! Leave before the mad packing begins and return when it is finished!! Still going to pray for smooth seas and the wind at our backs!

I'm not going to stress too much. It is what it is. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. We have had smoother seas when we sailed in Sept last year than the cruise before that that was in December. REALLY rough last night at sea but we won't go there!

I am so doggone wired today I can't stand myself!!!! I need to get on the treadmill to exhaust some of this energy. My mind is racing with tasks to do! I am driving my family nuts!!

That sounds like me "ALL" the time.........:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:goodvibes
I beleive the terminal opens somewhere between 9:30 and 10:00. We've never gotten there that early. They will start boarding by zone somewhere around 11:30 or so. Rooms will be ready around 1:30 but lunch is served at Topsiders.

We are heading on the ship and one of us is heading straight to RocknD to try and get Palo. We have a rendevous spot set up to meet up. I don't think I would try to go back off the ship as you will be walking against the current, so to speak. It wouldn't save you any time to do it that way, really. They also havea spot set up to have your picture taken just before you board. You could cut down the time by skipping that. I would stick together and then split up as soon as on board to try and get that ressie.

Thanks!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter