Speaking of concerts - do you ever go alone?

ckay87

demented and sad...but social
The problem I continue to have with most concerts I go to is that it's a real struggle to find someone to go with. The problem, I know, is the price.

When seats are pushing $100, a person really has to love an act to go along. Gone are the days (for many of us) where go to a concert just to "check them out."

So while I know plenty of people who like, say, Bon Jovi, I can't think of anyone who's okay with paying that price to see them (I think it's going to be around 90 bucks - I go for the best seats I can get if I'm going to even bother.) I'll probably take my youngest son, just to have someone to talk to. He'll be happy, but not THAT happy!

It's a shame and kind of wierd - the price thing. I thought the purpose of a concert tour was to promote a band or a CD. Seems kind of pointless...any group of people who are willing to pay that kind of money for a concert ticket will certainly pay $13.99 for a CD.

So - has anyone ever gone to a concert alone? What was it like? I'd do it, I think, before I missed seeing some of these guys altogether.

I've gone to a concert alone. It's a lot of fun. Once the band starts it really doesn't matter does it??

:wizard:
Go for it! I am a vetern of the concert world..yes even when I used to pay $13.50 to go see U2 (I just payed 189.50 for a ticket).
There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to a concert yourself.
:grouphug: Honestly, when the lights go down and the music starts, no-one cares if you are there by yourself or with a friend. Everyone is there for a reason, to have fun and listen to the band.
:lovestruc About a month ago I went to see Duran Duran myself, I have been an avid fan since 1984. I met other "groupies" who were also singles and had a blast.
:banana: Fear not and have fun.

When I'm working, I almost always go alone.

Sometimes I'll go to a show just because I want to see the band, and usually go with someone. When I go alone I usually have a friend in the band or crew and am taken care of.

I went to Anthrax alone (my friend cancelled at the last minute) and had a great time!

Usually I'm working though.

Anne

I haven't, but I would. When the band is playing you don't really care if anyone is with you or not. At least I don't.

Not often, but I have. My wife and I have very different musical tastes. And I'm not paying $100 for her to hate it.

I've gone two times alone to concerts and had a great time. One was very recently on Labor Day weekend. I really wanted to see this band, and so I went!

Thanks - that's my thinking too. It's all about the band. Hey it might even be better alone. I've been to shows where I was REALLY psyched, but my company was more reserved so I felt like I had to tone it down (e.g., DH, my companion at my last Jovi concert: "what the h##l is wrong with you, settle down! :rotfl2: ")

I still miss the days where we could just go out together to a concert because we thought the band was "pretty good."

ckay87 said:
was more reserved so I felt like I had to tone it down (e.g., DH, my companion at my last Jovi concert: "what the h##l is wrong with you, settle down! :rotfl2: ")

I would never take my husband to Bon Jovi. He'd be mortified by my adolescent behavior :rotfl:

Fortunately, I have a friend that is just as much into them as I am so we pay a lot for great seats. I've never had to go to a concert alone.

I'm missing the 1st leg of the tour, but if they play Giants Stadium in the summer, you should take a road trip and meet me & my friend. We won't tell you to settle down :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter