Sparrow Costume: all the codes gone? Please Read, esp. if you have won recently!

in love with depp said:
u ppl know they are making a new sparrow and davy jones suit on vmk, right? it will hit stores soon!! YAY!! pirate:

And you got this information from where? I really hate to be the killer of good news but without any proof; this is yet another rumor. Sorry. ;)

Pixiebell said:
...Please don't tell me that you now have to play the WHOLE game each time you want a new code...
You do not! It is a little longer than before, but I think this is currently the quickest way to get more codes:

1) Use this link to start the game: http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/pirates/pirates2_shell.swf?startLocation=flyingDutchman
2) Click on "Skip Intro" to go to the screen with Davy Jones.
3) Click on the keyhole on the door and then on "Arrr!" on the drop down message box to go to the organ.
4) Click on the organ keyboard and then on the A-C-D-C-A-A-A-G-G-F keys to play the song. This will take you to the prize screen.
5) Click on the "VMK Code" link to get your code and record it in whatever manner you choose.
6) Now if you look at your browser's address bar, you will notice it still contains the code used in step 1. Click "Go" next to the address bar (in Internet Explorer anyway) and you are now ready to start over at step 2.

This is only slightly longer than the old way of using the ship wheel, because you have to play the organ each time.

PirateDaisy said:
And you got this information from where? I really hate to be the killer of good news but without any proof; this is yet another rumor. Sorry. ;)

Dude.. check the VMK guide under realsed/unrealsed costumes (or something like that) there are pictures of the accidental realse of the Davy Jones costume

valeriesunshine said:
Dude.. check the VMK guide under realsed/unrealsed costumes (or something like that) there are pictures of the accidental realse of the Davy Jones costume
Which proves it was designed - not that it will be sold soon. There are a lot of things that that have been designed and seen in game, but there is no infomation about when or how they will be released.

BobRichmond said:
You do not! It is a little longer than before, but I think this is currently the quickest way to get more codes:

1) Use this link to start the game: http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/pirates/pirates2_shell.swf?startLocation=flyingDutchman
3) Click on the keyhole on the door and then on "Arrr!" on the drop down message box to go to the organ.
4) Click on the organ keyboard and then on the A-C-D-C-A-A-A-G-G-F keys to play the song. This will take you to the prize screen.
5) Click on the "VMK Code" link to get your code and record it in whatever manner you choose.
6) Now if you look at your browser's address bar, you will notice it still contains the code used in step 1. Click "Go" next to the address bar (in Internet Explorer anyway) and you are now ready to start over at step 2.

This is only slightly longer than the old way of using the ship wheel, because you have to play the organ each time.

You mean to tell me that I've been playing this flippin' time consuming game over and over and over again when this whole time I could have been doing THAT?? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

California_Dreamin said:
You mean to tell me that I've been playing this flippin' time consuming game over and over and over again when this whole time I could have been doing THAT?? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I agree!!! lol But thank you so much for the link BobRichmond! :thumbsup2 You have saved me so much time with this game lol. Well time to get a little more codes in before vmk opens. Wish me luck that one of them is Sparrow! pirate:

um actually if u were playing a few days ago it said it will be closing a few moments to make some changes. THis was bc they relased a sparrow and davy jones suit a little to early. if u had one they would take it away and said that it will be relased again soon.so it was not a rumor. sorry to burst your bubble! :thumbsup2

in love with depp said:
um actually if u were playing a few days ago it said it will be closing a few moments to make some changes. THis was bc they relased a sparrow and davy jones suit a little to early. if u had one they would take it away and said that it will be relased again soon.so it was not a rumor. sorry to burst your bubble! :thumbsup2
No... That was for the multi use pirate codes.

in love with depp said:

???

The costume has been out for a month, how did they release them early?

BobRichmond said:

Lovely! Just kill the people with slower computers, VMK! :furious:
:sad2:

It was already taking me forever to get just one code with the old shortcut. I guess I'll just have to give up ever getting this costume.
Why couldn't they have made it for something no one wants? :sad2:

I still don't understand the whole "keep it rare" thing.
And changing it to make it even more difficult isn't teaching me patience and isn't making me want it even more.

Someybody said:
No... That was for the multi use pirate codes.

NO LOOK on the internet!! go to your search bar and put:
VMK accidental pirate costume release
u can go to some websites and see some pics. I AM RIGHT AND U GUYS ARE WRONG. AGAIN, SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE!! party:

That was in April, actually - 4 months ago - so, no, we are not wrong. Plkease check your facts before yelling at people

in love with depp said:
NO LOOK on the internet!! go to your search bar and put:
VMK accidental pirate costume release
u can go to some websites and see some pics. I AM RIGHT AND U GUYS ARE WRONG. AGAIN, SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE!! party:

Well let's see I followed your oh so easy to understand directions and my first pop up was from another site:

"disXXXXXXek
04-25-2006, 09:17 AM
So I read on another forum just a bit ago that the new pirate costumes were out this morning on accident, but only available to new characters. I guess someone went in to Runo's room and said he saw people with them, and then VMK went down for a bit while they fixed the problem. Here is a picture I found.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/jazzaboo699/vmkpirate1.jpg http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/jazzaboo699/vmkpirate.jpg"

Interesting if you read the date. 04-25-2006.

That my quick to call others wrong friend, would show a mistake made on YOUR part not ours.

So welcome to the boards and put some tape on your bubble, I think it popped.

Whoa....I feel like I accidentally went to the IMDB message boards (internet movie database....): if anyone has seen the posts there you know what I mean...I mean, MEAN! People are so nasty to each other on those boards, I don't even use them to discuss movies anymore.

I'm not calling anyone out in particular, but let's try to be nice? Please? I enjoy the DIS b/c we are one big happy family where everyone is nice like at Disney World/Land. Shiny Happy People Holding Hands!!!

I didn't even really pay attention to the names of the people that were arguing, but I noticed one person seems to be new to the DIS and I want to welcome anyone new... but please try to keep the peace, if not for me and the rest of the DIS family...for Walt? Or Mickey? Or Donald? Or Figment? :figment:

Thank you, that is my 2 cents for the day.

Back on topic: Remember: everything is a rumor in VMK land until you see it in the stores/on a character's body/in a room.

~Mia~

P.S. WHEN YOU TYPE LIKE THIS IN ALL CAPS....it means you are yelling. Yelling hurts my ears :(

Uh...I came here bc I got an email that a new reply had been posted. i am not seeing one! well, I read the post on my email and is not really in English, but from what I could understand of it, it has nada to do with the thread so maybe it was moved.

While I am here though....can you still get the pirate game stuff/Sparrow Costume? I have not tried in a while, wondering if that stuff is rare now and how rare the sparrow suit is that I have.

Oh, can you trade the pirate stuff like DJ organ, skeleton monkey, etc??? I know you can trade sparrow b/c i accidentally put my hat up when showing someone my rare hats I was trading....

~Me.a~

MiakodaWDW said:
...can you still get the pirate game stuff/Sparrow Costume?...
...can you trade the pirate stuff like DJ organ, skeleton monkey, etc???
As of a couple of days ago you could still get the codes. Nothing from that game is tradable, except the Sparrow costume.

Someybody said:
Yea, that was me. But it got deleted.

But Enough of That One! Lalalala...

I don't think so...I saw the poster's name on my email (which is gone now) and it was not anyone I know. And, like I said, the person didn't seem to have a very good grasp of proper English (and I do not mean English as a second language or anything...) and I know that you can post something and it will be understood, most of the time anyway ;)

TY for the answer, Out. I am wondering if anyone has actually WON (I don't mean traded...but WON from the game using codes), more than one sparrow costume. It seemed like I got my first (and only) one pretty quickly, but then I entered at least 20 times as many codes and never got another (no, not being greedy....I wanted it as trading ammo for inferno or a stitch hat...not like I could wear two at once anyway!)

~Me.a~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter