Sparrow Costume: all the codes gone? Please Read, esp. if you have won recently!

The game everyone is referring to is the one on the POC2 movie site right; the one where you collect "plunder" and have to play Davy Jones' organ at the end? Is there a way to better your chances of getting the Sparrow suit on the game? Just from my experience, whenever the only character I click on throughout the game is the monkey in Tia Dorma's shack, I seem to have a better chance of getting the skeleton monkey chair as my prize. I'm pretty sure it's coincidental but it does seem a little suspicious to me :magnify: .

Thanks! Back to plugging away at code entering then. I'm up to 1000 codes now and no sparrow costume. I want it and I'm not giving up! :teeth:

threeboysmom said:
Thanks! Back to plugging away at code entering then. I'm up to 1000 codes now and no sparrow costume. I want it and I'm not giving up! :teeth:

Tha's the spirit! :thumbsup2

I can type them pretty fast. Thanks to not using shortkeys when I was creating a ton of mules last year. Also thanks to the last several months of entering VIN #'s for work (which are 16 alpha-numeric numbers).

But, I make sure to leave a few seconds in between codes. And I've used a few mules too. :) So a few entered on one and a few entered on another. ;)

T i DuBL GuH eRR said:
The game everyone is referring to is the one on the POC2 movie site right; the one where you collect "plunder" and have to play Davy Jones' organ at the end? Is there a way to better your chances of getting the Sparrow suit on the game? Just from my experience, whenever the only character I click on throughout the game is the monkey in Tia Dorma's shack, I seem to have a better chance of getting the skeleton monkey chair as my prize. I'm pretty sure it's coincidental but it does seem a little suspicious to me :magnify: .

Yes, you are right. At first I thought there may be some "trick" to getting the suit or another item....like getting the items in the order so that when your plunder is taken it plays the song correctly, and other stuff...but it appears to be totally random. And I have heard that the sparrow suit is every 5,000th code the game gives out, but I don't know if that is true or how anyone knows it. I just read it here in a few different places. There is no special way to play the game to get the suit, just be lucky. The fastest way I know is to use the world map to move from place to place instead of using the door or whatever, b/c moving forward takes longer.

I hope I can win another suit (If anyone will trade a Stitch hat for the suit, I want to try and get one for it if I get a second!) I would rather have the suit than the hat, but if I get two...anyone who is willing to trade a Stitch hat for it, pm me and I'll let you know if I do.... :teeth:

BTW, I can't remember where I saw this, but for some reason the date August 8 is stuck in my head for when the game/codes will no longer be available to play...does anyone know if this is true? I would imagine it won't be around forever since it's there to promote the movie and the movie has been out for a while. I hope the game lasts a while b/c I may not be able to be online much for the next week and I don't want to miss the chance to play some more.

Can anyone confirm or deny this 8/8 game ending thing?

I can't make the POC2 refresh and give me codes... Do I have to decompile the flash? :confused3

Oh and is VMK Pal autotyping allowed as well?

Isca said:
I can't make the POC2 refresh and give me codes... Do I have to decompile the flash? :confused3

Oh and is VMK Pal autotyping allowed as well?
you can ato type just not to flood the window as it says in that window of VMK pal

I seriously doubt that the Plunder game will end on 8-8.

Could be wrong I have been before and I am sure I will be again.

But that sounds like a malicious rumor to me.

Maleficent2 said:

You mean people spread rumours in VMK, tell me it's not true Mal, Tell me! :rotfl:

Maleficent2 said:

I have as much confidence in that rumor as I do about the Skull Rock rumor :rotfl:

Sorry Mal, had to tickle your ribs there :thumbsup2

mtlhddoc2 said:
I have as much confidence in that rumor as I do about the Skull Rock rumor :rotfl:

Sorry Mal, had to tickle your ribs there :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: I did not start the Skull Rock Rumor someone else did.

I spoke with SuzyQT and at the present time there is no date for when the Plunder game will end.

Mal

tolkien7 said:
How fast do you all type? I would never be accused of using a scripting program (hunts and pecks)!

I *can* type very fast, but no one can understand it. see:

usidh orenieur rjmvjpvorm [pr[r;l k[] ,m9v[0i-3,kk gjm [spdogjw09im4dt o[pkokflmoikmd098f4i,h kg,f dpkgj
:lmao:

This is how fast I can type maybe not understandeble but oh well lol :rotfl2: .

I fiu;rfen krjb blaroOPWQFHB Ekwl bfei;gbI E;EOGUW;b ggwafebwbpwFBUOe agpj roagijen;tn 55.

"I never said it was origanal"
Bal from Stargate SG.1

I entered a code I got either today or yesterday and got a sparrow costume. Now I'll have to see if I can get another to trade, but I'm not doing as many marathon code entering sessions for it.

Edited to try to add a picture of the message when I got the suit.

sparowscreenok2.png

Well, I thought I would sit down for a few hours and rake in some codes before opening, clicked on the ship's wheel to go back and get a new code.... and it came up with the same code!!! 3 times now!!!

Please don't tell me that you now have to play the WHOLE game each time you want a new code, no way have I got the time to play the whole thing 5000 times! :badpc:

Pixiebell said:
Well, I thought I would sit down for a few hours and rake in some codes before opening, clicked on the ship's wheel to go back and get a new code.... and it came up with the same code!!! 3 times now!!!

Please don't tell me that you now have to play the WHOLE game each time you want a new code, no way have I got the time to play the whole thing 5000 times! :badpc:

Same thing happened to me last night...kept getting the same code. I don't have the patience to go through the whole game for the remote chance to get THE code. No Sparrow costume for me I guess. Oh well.....

Yvette

Pixiebell said:

Indeed they did take that away from us, making it yet more impossible to get that doggone costume.

BUT, you can use the Davy Jones shortcut and just refresh the page after you get the code. It's about the same time as the ship's wheel short cut; just a bit longer. HTH :thumbsup2

http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/pirates/main.html?startLocation=flyingDutchman

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter