Sparrow Costume: all the codes gone? Please Read, esp. if you have won recently!

MiakodaWDW

so happy to finally be a CM!
Hi there...everyone. I have heard some rumors and I want to know if I am wasting my time playing the pirates of the carribean game or not.

First i heard the game was not giving out codes anymore. I am still able to play the game, although about a week ago I was not getting a code every time. I have been playing the game for about 2 weeks for long periods of time to win another Sparrow suit (I have one but I want another b/c I know someone that will trade a stitch hat for one, which I really want, but I would rather have the suit and not trade my only one).

Then I heard a couple of rumors from players saying that no codes for the suit are given out anymore, and that it's just the other 4 items.

does anyone know if this is true? has anyone HEARD anything? And most importantly, has anyone won or know anyone that has won the suit in the past week or two from the game (not from trade!)?

I want to know if I should give up already, I dont need anymore Pirates posters and Davy Jones Organs.

thanks for ANY insight or knowledge on this. If you have won a suit recently please post here! That way I know the rumors were lies and I can keep trying to win a stitch hat...I mean sparrow suit! LOL

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I won the Sparrow costume from a code a few days ago.

I have never heard that rumor.

It's a lie to try and get higher prices. They would have made some sort of announcement. /Some/ people really do believe it just because they never get one, like most people.

I wouldn't suggest entering many codes at a time right now. I know a score of people who have just been banned today for entering too many POTC2/Narnia codes. And they hadn't been entering them for days. Odd, but it is happening. ;)

disvillain1 said:
I wouldn't suggest entering many codes at a time right now. I know a score of people who have just been banned today for entering too many POTC2/Narnia codes. And they hadn't been entering them for days. Odd, but it is happening. ;)

OT:Speaking of banns I came in a day care by accident and said oops wrong room i forgot I dont like baby stuff then this girl reported me for saying my oppinion then I made a trade for a stitch pin right when leaving eagle came in and said is there a problem (because we both reported each other) I left but still saw eagly just enter as I walked out.

why on Earth would they get rid of the costume everyone wants? It just doesn't make any sense.. especially only a month after they released it. There are costumes we don't want (i.e. the HSM outfits) that have been there for months so why would they take away one we do want?

disvillain1 said:

Thanks all. i figured it was a rumor but did not want to waste my time. I have heard this somewhere on this board too. and disvillain....why would people be banned for entering a bunch of codes? I always play when vmk is closed or early in the day, save all the codes in a text file, and then enter a whole bunch at once. They can ban me for THAT? Why??? That does not make sense: here's a game to play to try and win this great suit but if you enter the codes we will ban you? What the....?

MiakodaWDW said:
Thanks all. i figured it was a rumor but did not want to waste my time. I have heard this somewhere on this board too. and disvillain....why would people be banned for entering a bunch of codes? I always play when vmk is closed or early in the day, save all the codes in a text file, and then enter a whole bunch at once. They can ban me for THAT? Why??? That does not make sense: here's a game to play to try and win this great suit but if you enter the codes we will ban you? What the....?
It triggers a software sensor and mistakes you for entering codes with an automatic scripting program. Some people have actually done this, therefore they must take the proper precautions to prevent it for everyone. :)

Wait so let me get this right: The full Sparrow costume is still possible to get? And the game everyone is referring to is the one on the Pirates movie site right? The one where u have to collect all the stuff and then play the right keys on Davy Jones' organ in the end? Plz tell me this is right, I never knew this and if it's true then I'll be on that game forever until I get it! Is there a strategy to get it, such as clicking on only certain characters to hear them talk and stuff?

yeah I'm seeing more and more of them each day. I doubt they'll ever retire it. Eventually it'll probably be pretty common. I just traded a lot for it because I was sooo tired of entering codes (I got to 5,500 codes entered).

I've been wanting to enter codes to get my friend one, but now I'm afraid to. I got a warning for entering codes with a program the first day the pirate game was out, and have been using a side since then, but if I got an IP ban, I wouldn't be able to play at all. Are the bans for putting codes in too fast IP bans?

Umm is VMK Pal an automatic scripting program i.e. the autotyper

Peacefully said:
yeah I'm seeing more and more of them each day. I doubt they'll ever retire it. Eventually it'll probably be pretty common. I just traded a lot for it because I was sooo tired of entering codes (I got to 5,500 codes entered).

I've been wanting to enter codes to get my friend one, but now I'm afraid to. I got a warning for entering codes with a program the first day the pirate game was out, and have been using a side since then, but if I got an IP ban, I wouldn't be able to play at all. Are the bans for putting codes in too fast IP bans?

Good question, b/c now i'm using a mule to enter codes. I hope it's not an IP ban and I hope you get a warning before any ban! You should be able to reply to them and say, "no I'm not using any hacker thingy, I'm sitting here wasting all my time entering them mydarnself. come watch!"

How fast do you all type? I would never be accused of using a scripting program (hunts and pecks)!

tolkien7 said:
How fast do you all type? I would never be accused of using a scripting program (hunts and pecks)!

I type pretty fast b/c I started learning in the 6th grade...I only have to look at the keyboard for the numbers :rolleyes:

I would think that some automatic program would enter them instantly, not take about 10-20 seconds between codes like me. I hope I don't type so fast they get me for something I didn't do!

I know my husband was manually entering codes once and got a visit from a staff member asking him to stop using short keys and he wasn't- this was a while back before POTC2 codes came out

He just explained that he was typing quickly and the staff member suggested he slow down a little bit between codes to not trigger a warning.

Since then when he enters codes he makes sure to have a few seconds between them

I can type quickly when I'm typing letters and messages like these- but with the numbers mixed in it slows me down a lot- especially since I have this tendency to type z for 7 and vice versa...

I dont eneter codes very fast because I always ahve to look after every set of the letter but I can type messages fast and phrses.

it has been confirmed by Yavn, that the sparrow suit codes are still being given out, and are just rare. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter