Spaceship Earth-Deathstar?

DisneyDetective

DIS Veteran
Saw on 'Inside the Magic' website that Spaceship Earth at EPCOT is to become the Deathstar, surely not? Don't think Walt would be too pleased.

It's for an after hours event on December 5th. It's going to be done with projections.

Also mentioned in the blog was that HS would be celebrating rogue one in hollywood studios that day. perhaps this is when the new footage goes into star tours?

Saw on 'Inside the Magic' website that Spaceship Earth at EPCOT is to become the Deathstar, surely not? Don't think Walt would be too pleased.

VERY COOL! They have gotten these projections done so well I bet it will look amazing.

They have done projections on it before and let's not forget the "wand".

SNEAKY SNEAKY, get the bloggers to be fighting to get in or at least in parking lot for photos ............... instead of the next round of RoL CM previews ............

SNEAKY SNEAKY, get the bloggers to be fighting to get in or at least in parking lot for photos ............... instead of the next round of RoL CM previews ............
I'm trying to see if any DAK friends have extra tickets to the previews. This event definitely just made it harder if I get in

Can anyone explain this to me please. I have seen all over facebook and twitter that EPCOT is changing Spaceship Earth to the Death star to go along with the new movie coming out... I know Disney is doing a lot with Star Wars in DHS are they actually changing the ball to a Death Star?
Thanks

It is just for 1 night during a parks blog meet up. If it becomes a promotional thing it will be just like when they turned Spaceship Earth into Mike Wazowski from Monsters U. It would probably be after illuminations while people are leaving the park and it uses the same video mapping tech as the castle show and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam.

Yeah, just a projection, no permanent changes. When I first read the headline it worried me!

It's a digital projection at a parks blog meet on Monday the link was total click bait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter