SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the Signature services CM this morning about the status of Space 220. She said unfortunately all they see is is the same thing we all see... “coming winter 2020”. :charac2:So we wait, we all...wait,

A friend is in Epcot today, she popped into guest relations to ask about Space 220. The CM there said it will most likely open without ADRs the first few weeks. That is what Takumi-Tei in Japan did last summer and the CM said they did it to "work out the kinks" before taking reservations. (This was the CM's educated speculation, not based on an official Disney announcement.)

Does anyone know what Takumi-Tei was like the first few weeks? Did people have to physically camp out to wait for tables? Or did they have some kind of virtual waitlist where you check in and then they send you an alert or text when your table's ready?

If Space 220 only takes walk-ins on a first-come-first-served basis, those of us who will only be in the park one day (and therefore want to spend our time efficiently) will be outnumbered by those passholders and food bloggers who only come in JUST for this restaurant and don't mind wasting half a day waiting at the entrance to get in.

My Epcot day is Feb 15th, so clearly I'm not thrilled about this. Crossing fingers and leaving my TP finder open in hope that the CM is wrong.

Does anyone know what Takumi-Tei was like the first few weeks? Did people have to physically camp out to wait for tables? Or did they have some kind of virtual waitlist where you check in and then they send you an alert or text when your table's ready?

Because of Takumi-Tei's price point and the fact that they do not accept the dining plan credits, I do not recall anyone discussing long waits to get in before they offered ADRs.

A friend is in Epcot today, she popped into guest relations to ask about Space 220. The CM there said it will most likely open without ADRs the first few weeks. That is what Takumi-Tei in Japan did last summer and the CM said they did it to "work out the kinks" before taking reservations. (This was the CM's educated speculation, not based on an official Disney announcement.)

If Space 220 only takes walk-ins on a first-come-first-served basis, those of us who will only be in the park one day (and therefore want to spend our time efficiently) will be outnumbered by those passholders and food bloggers who only come in JUST for this restaurant and don't mind wasting half a day waiting at the entrance to get in.

My Epcot day is Feb 15th, so clearly I'm not thrilled about this. Crossing fingers and leaving my TP finder open in hope that the CM is wrong.
I posted this way back in this thread, but I also guess that Space 220 will need to open before it starts taking ADRs. That is the way it took place when La Hacienda, Skipper’s and Takumi Tei opened.
We are onsite late Feb 13 -morning of Feb 16, so I am also hoping they will do a soft opening around Feb 14 - 15.

I saw a youtuber who basically just walked right in to a nearly empty restaurant on a regular (non-media) day right after it softly opened. But as mentioned above, the price point likely had something to do with that, plus the fact that I think this may have been the day before the official opening date.

Mouse Dining is usually pretty good. I didnt know about the month view though... how do you do that?

After logging in to Mouse Dining, click "Alerts", there should be a link to "Browse Disney Restaurants". Select your resort, select park or hotel, then select restaurant, this will show you a months calendar, where you can view openings for a certain day or set an alert for that restaurant.

I had checked Touring Plans Reservation Finder before, but it wasn't on there. Thanks for the reminder. Have my search going for Feb 14-21 and hoping it might fall in a time when I can be flexible.

I would just like some clarity. That's all I ask for. We have a short window prior to our DCL cruise embarking on Feb 28. Flying in on Feb 26 for MK. Feb 27 for RotR/DHS and then hopping to Epcot for the temp Epcot Forever show. The hope is that we can get this for dinner on that one evening. We won't be back until June 2021 for our tri-annual big trip. The youngest would like TT, but that's supposed to be the first day back from refurb, so we'll see. We already hit SWGE in CA last June, so we don't need to do too much there, just RotR and Oga's, which we missed out there. Dining plan situation does not apply for us for this trip. I just want clarity on opening date and ADR openings.

I would just like some clarity. That's all I ask for. We have a short window prior to our DCL cruise embarking on Feb 28. Flying in on Feb 26 for MK. Feb 27 for RotR/DHS and then hopping to Epcot for the temp Epcot Forever show. The hope is that we can get this for dinner on that one evening. We won't be back until June 2021 for our tri-annual big trip. The youngest would like TT, but that's supposed to be the first day back from refurb, so we'll see. We already hit SWGE in CA last June, so we don't need to do too much there, just RotR and Oga's, which we missed out there. Dining plan situation does not apply for us for this trip. I just want clarity on opening date and ADR openings.
Hopefully we'll know more soon but at this time nothing has been announced so nobody truly knows what opening date will be and when ADRs will be available. Sorry!

Hopefully we'll know more soon but at this time nothing has been announced so nobody truly knows what opening date will be and when ADRs will be available. Sorry!
Well, I knew that. I'm sorry that I didn't demonstrate the clarity I was complaining about! I was wishing that Disney would provide clarity...not the DISers. 🤣

Well, I knew that. I'm sorry that I didn't demonstrate the clarity I was complaining about! I was wishing that Disney would provide clarity...not the DISers. 🤣
Sorry! So many come to this thread without reading and ask the same questions over and over so I thought you possibly weren't aware.

Yes, I wish Disney would provide clarity too! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I recall, they never announced an opening date for Takumi-Tei. They just softly opened and, about a week and a half later, started accepting ADRs. I'm wondering if this is what we will experience with Space 220 as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I recall, they never announced an opening date for Takumi-Tei. They just softly opened and, about a week and a half later, started accepting ADRs. I'm wondering if this is what we will experience with Space 220 as well.
That’s correct. They simply soft-opened and then about 2 weeks later started taking ADRs. La Hacienda soft-opened and started taking ADRs about a month later. Skipper’s soft-opened and it took longer for them to take ADRs.

I don’t think the interest or anticipation for La Hacienda, Skipper Canteen or Takumi-Tei anywhere near approached what we’re seeing for Space 220. I wonder if that will make a difference in how Disney decides to open it.

I don’t think the interest or anticipation for La Hacienda, Skipper Canteen or Takumi-Tei anywhere near approached what we’re seeing for Space 220. I wonder if that will make a difference in how Disney decides to open it.
There was a LOT of anticipation for La Hacienda (due to the anticipated Illuminations View), and Skipper’s (due to the theming). Here is the watch thread for Skippers, which did not encounter the opening delays Space 220 has encountered:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...med-restaurant-updates-and-adr-watch.3426819/
But, yes, at the end of the day we are all just speculating. Disney and Patina can choose to open the restaurant and reservations in whatever fashion they think it’s most advantageous to them and their operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter