Space Question

preb

DIS Veteran
I have a 3 year old 42" daredevil DD who is dying to try Space Mountain. She's done Splash and BTMR. I read someplace that the cars are "single seating" on Space Mountain. My concern is that she may get scared 1/2 way through and freak out. Does anyone know what type of seating/belts/restraints are used? Anyone else have a 3 year old on Space Mountain or are we just nuts?

At Disneyland, you sit two across and you should be able to comfort her if she gets frightened. WDW is the Space Mountain with single seating. The only thing that might frighten your child is that the ride is mostly in the dark. Other than that, it's no more wild than BTMR.

Have fun.

The restraint is a lap bar that locks in place.

I think Space Mountain IS a little wilder than BTMR, or at least there's more of a g-force that makes the ride seem very fast (it actually only gets up to 30 mph). There aren't really any big drops--it's more like a downward spiral after you get to the top. Most of the turns are to the right, so make sure your daughter sits on your left, otherwise she might feel like she's going to fly out of the rocket!

If you're not sure, you might ride it by yourself first. It's one of the best rides at Disneyland--not to be missed!

My just- turned 4 yr old LOVED Space Mountain, as well as the Matterhorn. We went at a really slow time, and we were allowed to go many times in a row. I think the scariest part of Space Mountain for her was the long walk to get to the actual ride.

Thanks so much! Now that I know I can sit next to her we'll definately do it. I'm afraid that's all she's going to want to do while we're there!

You guys are a wealth of information!

Just got back lastnight. Had a blast. Yep, the seats fit 2 across.
IDEA: My just turned 5 year, was scared of this ride- boy how sisters are different! LOL! Anyway, if your daughter has any doubt about this ride, I would recommend doing it last. We did this first, and the rest of the day my 5 year old DD was scared of the rest of the rides. Like I posted before my older DD loved it when she was 4, but my youngest didn't. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter