Space Mt ??

I get really sick on star tours. I hate it. I don't get the appeal, honestly...

as for Space Mountain.... I LOVE IT.
So long as I get a seat in the front, I'm perfectly fine.

While it is rather dark, it's not pitch black. You can see the track. The biggest thing, though, is that their is ample air movement inside the ride. That is one of the biggest things that makes me sick in star tours. The air gets stale so quickly.

I'd highly recommend doing Space Mountain and asking to sit in the front.

Truthfully....I am such a chicken that I have never ridden Space Mountain! After all the times I have been at DL you would think I would have gotten my nerve up, but so far I have only come close a few times. We are talking about doing it next trip in 3 weeks--my 15 year old is a chicken like me and we both really want to ride it, but our fear is holding us back. I am thinking if I just take the lead and act fine about it, she will ride it too. My other kids rode it starting around 5 years old and love it.

I DO get motion sickness, though--so that has been a concern for me because you can't see where you are going, and that can induce it.

As far as Star Tours--if you use to get sick on the old version before the remodel, then you have to try the new one. That ride use to make me so sick and would jerk me around so much--but the new version doesn't make me sick at all and I LOVE it. It is so cool! I love the line, too. I love that you don't always see the same movie (there are different versions) and can go to different planets. It went from the ride I dreaded to the ride I now can't miss and want to go on multiple times.

The biggest thing, though, is that their is ample air movement inside the ride. That is one of the biggest things that makes me sick in star tours. The air gets stale so quickly.

That is the most important thing in motion sickness - a cold environment will usually prevent it. This is why they keep airplanes cold.

It really depends, basically rider beware LOL I love it, but it almost makes me feel dizzy when I get off, my grandma was so dizzy she needed help getting off....Not sure but I think it might have something to do with picture it takes at the end? I dunno its so dark then there is this flash of bright, almost makes me feel like we get shot backwards.......really weird. Great ride, fun music sux if you have to miss it

I didn't feel sick after Space Mountain. And you could say I'm very prone to motion sickness (I get motion sickness playing mario kart lol). The night scene on Soarin' gets me too (have to close my eyes). I didn't try Star Tours when we went because it was closed.....I think I'll skip it when we go again though :scared: Is there any way to escape Star Tours if you're about to lose it? lol

No, you can't get off ST if you're about to lose it, but when it was the old ride I would ride in the very back row, push my back up against the back of the car and put my arms up over my head.....I have NO idea why but it worked. LOL

It really depends, basically rider beware LOL I love it, but it almost makes me feel dizzy when I get off, my grandma was so dizzy she needed help getting off....Not sure but I think it might have something to do with picture it takes at the end? I dunno its so dark then there is this flash of bright, almost makes me feel like we get shot backwards.......really weird. Great ride, fun music sux if you have to miss it
I'm not dizzy but I definitely feel like I'm going backwards after the flash. In terms of comfort, it really depends. For some people, having it be dark is an advantage. I get nauseous when my horizon gets turned around (so I can do one or two loops, but anything more than that and I'm not a happy camper...I really hate the rolling cars on Mickey's "Fun" Wheel, all that horizon up and down and up and down just makes me want to throw up...I can feel the bile rising just thinking about it).

Our 5 yo grandson went on Space Mountain last year...he was just barely the height requirement and he was not comfortable...really had to reach for the handrails to keep himself in. He said he was OK with going again, but not right away (unlike Gadget Go Coaster that he wanted to do over and over and over).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter