Space Moutain?

ali78

Earning My Ears
Is space moutain too scary for a 6 almost 7 year old. He's been asking to go on it since he was tall enough to ride, but i dont remember it at all. I just know its dark and I think sit by yourself which is what I'm worried about.

My DD, who is by no means a thrill ride junkie, first rode it at 5 and was ok, but didn't really enjoy it. She just rode it again last month on our most recent trip, during which she turned 7, and loved it this time.

However, it absolutely is dark and you do ride without anyone sitting next to you. I would make sure your child understands this before riding.

Is space moutain too scary for a 6 almost 7 year old. He's been asking to go on it since he was tall enough to ride, but i dont remember it at all. I just know its dark and I think sit by yourself which is what I'm worried about.

My son and myself took my 6yr old granddaughter on it last year and she loved it, I lost count of how many times she rode it. Having said that every child is different so I can only speak for our own experience.

my DD loved it at 5, but now my 10 yr old son refuses to try it since it is dark, even though I know he would love it. If he understands it is dark and want to go on, I would go for it.

I think if you make sure your child understands that it is dark and that you sit in front or behind each other instead of side by side. Perhaps you sit behind them so you can keep your eye on him, he should be fine!!

Totally depends on the individual kid. If he's asking to go on it,my guess is he's ready for it.

If he's asking to ride, let him try it. My DD rode it last year at 5 and loved it. (She also loved Everest. I think she's a coaster junkie. ;) )

I remember riding it at 5 and loving it. If they like some of the other rollercoasters at disney, that could be a starting point.

Thanks so much for the help!, He's been on Everest and said he liked that one, He also wants to do tower of terror but I'm not sure If that would be too scary for him.

The coaster itself is not as extreme as Everest. There are no big drops (I myself do not like big drops, but Space is OK). As mentioned before, other than the fact that your child sits alone in the seat, the biggest thing with Space is that it is completely dark so you can't "prepare" yourself for what's coming, which is what some people like I guess. I prefer to see where I'm going, but I can handle Space OK.

If he's been on Everest he'll definitely be able to handle Space, unless he is scared of the dark (but EE is dark at times too.) As for Tower of Terror, I think if he wants to do it, and he's tall enough, you should let him. Maybe prepare him for some of the scary scenes/moments, but I've seen 5 year olds loove ToT and come off smiling and skipping (and of course I've also seen full grown adults look like they are about to cry and shuffle off disoriented.) I was a kid who quickly took to "scary" rides so I think if he is allowed to by height you should let him decide what he wants to try and just warn him of the stuff that isn't visible from the outside if you think that might upset him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter