• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space Moutain Rehab : Good Changes Or More of the Same

What do You Think Of The SM Rehab??

• Love it More Now. Good Job Disney

• Liked it The Way it Was Before the Rehab

• I Dont See the Difference . Seems the Same to Me

• Never Liked it , Still Dont Like it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disney Wanderer

DIS Veteran
For those Of you Who HAve Experienced The New Space Mountain. Whats your Opinion? Did you Like it more Now ,or Do you Like the Was it Was . OR Does it Seem Like there no Difference. In Wich case What was the Point . Whats your Opinion
Keep Flames to A Mimimum Please> :)

Well I havent' been to Disney since the refurb, but I heard that most people don't like it as much as they used to. They added interactive games for the queue (like Soarin'), no more glow-in-the-dark strips on the rockets, no cookie up in the sky, and padded seats.

They said the ride isn't much different, just darker. I didn't even know the ride could get any darker, but I guess it did!

It had been six years since I rode space mountain until this last week so I can't say how different it was but it did seem very much the same as I remember. Dark twisting track, fun but nothing spectacular. The rehab on the DL space mountain was much better. They changed the track and updated the outer space graphics. The biggest change they made that my kids said made DL much better than MK is speakers on each seat. They play music right next to your head as you ride and it greatly adds to the excitement. I was verysurprised to find they had not done the se type of things at the MK when we rode last week

I loved it before -- love it a little more now. Big changes: no. But it's darker, that's a good change. Seems smoother -- could be in my head, but seems less jolty. New apholstery -- comfy. And as always, totally fun everytime.

No one should expect a new, state of the art coaster -- that isn't what you will get. You get classic Space Mtn.

I rode it in December and I honestly didn't notice a difference. I was hoping it would be a lot smoother, but it was still very jerky. I was disappointed. (The games in the queue area weren't on yet, because it was right after park opening and it was practically a walk-on, and the new photo op wasn't working yet, so I can't speak to the quality of those.)

<snip> Seems smoother -- could be in my head, but seems less jolty. <snip>
No changes were made to the track, so it's in your head.
:goodvibes
But glad to hear you're a fan of the ride.

I believe I read somewhere that they replaced the whole track of 1 side of the ride. (Don't know for sure, can someone else confirm this?) So, it's possible that the pp could've ridden the replaced side.

The new games in the line were pretty fun and kept you entertain, they were in most of the line. I didn't really notice any differences in the ride itself.

The smoother is apparently from "recalibrating", wich I assume means the ride vehicle runs better on that track. (I went back and checked press releases). I fully understand there was no change to the track.

ok, so it was darker and it wasn't just my imagination. Otherwise it seems about the same. We did buy our photo after, though the guy doing the photos didn't seem to really know what he was doing and everyone else gave us two 8x10s, some special that week or something, but we only got one from space mountain :(

We rode before the rehab..I didn't like it...it was rough, jerky and dark.
We rode it after the rehab in Dec...still don't like it...rough, jerky and dark.

We rode it in December and noticed how much darker it was which then made you not be aware of the dips or turns. My family LOVED it. We also loved the little games that they have in the ques. Don't get me wrong, I loved SM before the rehab, but I felt the new one was a bit better.

Definatle Some "Mixed" Reviews Here ..... I have to Wait till Novermber to See it. Traditionally SM Is My Very First Ride, so i Wont Be able to See Much Of the Cue Right Away. But Ill Probally Be Back Later So ill See It then Im Sure illl Like it Anyways
Thanks For your Replies

I think making it smoother and darker was great. Even sitting in the front seat, I couldn't see the track clearly most of the ride. I thought it was a great balance - great update while staying true to the original.

I'll be on it in a couple of weeks so I can't answer but, has anyone here been on Disneyland's Space Mountain?? It's the best!

Is anyone here scared to put their hands up on Space Mountain, or is it just me?

I was last on DLR Space Mountain in 2007 right after it's refurb. We absolutely loved it!!!:yay::yay: When were at WDW in Dec. 2008 we were so disappointed. It was Ok. It's still my daughter's favorite ride, though she also likes the one at DLR better. We will get a chance to ride the "new" Space Mountain when we are at WDW in June, but I have a feeling we will not notice that much difference.

I like the new version slightly better. I miss the glow strips on the rockets (especially when watching the ride from TTA) but the ride being much smoother is great. On my trip in 2006 it was very rough, now it is a lot better. I didn't notice it being much darker in the ride.

It All Seemed The Same To Me , Except for the Cool Little Games In The Cue I Guess is Was A good Update

It's a little better/fresher than it was before so it was an improvement. But no dramatic changes or improvements. At least they didn't mess it up any, a la Spaceship Earth.

It's a little better/fresher than it was before so it was an improvement. But no dramatic changes or improvements. At least they didn't mess it up any, a la Spaceship Earth.
Hmmm? How did they mess up Spaceship Earth? I think I've only ridden the ride after the latest refurb, so I'm just curious?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter