Space Mountain single rider line?

A friend just told me that he’s seen a few posts on various sites about DL testing a new single rider line for Space Mountain. It would be fantastic if they brought that back. Has anyone else heard anything about it?

I just read about it, and they are sending them in through the entrance, then merging them with LL parties before the indoor portion of the queue, so you have to stay with that group. It's interesting that they are not doing it right at loading as is typical.

I just read about it, and they are sending them in through the entrance, then merging them with LL parties before the indoor portion of the queue, so you have to stay with that group. It's interesting that they are not doing it right at loading as is typical.
It was always hit or miss on the loading zone if they pulled from the single rider line. The person loading had to be really fast at playing Tetris with the people in the regular queue plus the single rider line.

I am so confused by this! We were in the LL today, and at the merge, we had a single rider join us. The cast member told us instead of a group of 7, we were now a group of 8. We welcomed the single rider into our group. I tried grilling the new teenager but, I’m not sure he even understood. Where did he come from? How did he get there? I have no idea, and he didn’t seem to either 🤣 He just said he didn’t want to wait in a 75 minute line so he said yes. I so hope this new SR line works. SR on space is sorely missed. If they can find a new way to do it, even better!

The problem with this is being separated from your party for the remainder of the line. Some people are fine riding without their family/friends but it’s not as easy for some to be separated for the line.

I am so confused by this! We were in the LL today, and at the merge, we had a single rider join us. The cast member told us instead of a group of 7, we were now a group of 8. We welcomed the single rider into our group. I tried grilling the new teenager but, I’m not sure he even understood. Where did he come from? How did he get there? I have no idea, and he didn’t seem to either 🤣 He just said he didn’t want to wait in a 75 minute line so he said yes. I so hope this new SR line works. SR on space is sorely missed. If they can find a new way to do it, even better!

Interesting. I am just happy it is not down the hallway near the exit that handicap families have to use to get down to the rockets. It was so challenging trying to get past people who would refuse to move or accuse us of cutting the line with a wheelchair.

Hmmmm I am going next week by myself so I will take advantage of any single rider line I can since I have no party to be separated from in the first place so I will try to remember to come back here and report back after my trip!

It's a little odd since you have to "join a family" through Lightning Lane and then walk entire queue with them and sit down in car. Personally I like the old way of having a small group of Single Riders that the Cast Member would pull from when needed to quickly fill seats.

very weird to be merged with a LL party, does that mean that all the seats from standby line parties who are odd number groups still go empty?

very weird to be merged with a LL party, does that mean that all the seats from standby line parties who are odd number groups still go empty?

It seems like if it happens at the merge point, that they could assign SR to either type of party - you just have to make sure to stay with them. I'm not sure this will work out as well as they hope.

It seems like if it happens at the merge point, that they could assign SR to either type of party - you just have to make sure to stay with them. I'm not sure this will work out as well as they hope.
From pics it’s happening before the merge point as the LL line heads inside the building.

They should go back to what they did when the single rider line was first added/tested pre pandemic where it went in through the exit and turned at the hallway that connects with the main queue. They had the main queue stay to the left side of the ramp and single rider went down on the right side. They then merged single riders in with groups at load. That’s the setup most single rider lines tend to use.

From pics it’s happening before the merge point as the LL line heads inside the building.

They should go back to what they did when the single rider line was first added/tested pre pandemic where it went in through the exit and turned at the hallway that connects with the main queue. They had the main queue stay to the left side of the ramp and single rider went down on the right side. They then merged single riders in with groups at load. That’s the setup most single rider lines tend to use.

But, isn't that the usual LL merge point - the place where you start to go into the winding hallways before the loading room?

But, isn't that the usual LL merge point - the place where you start to go into the winding hallways before the loading room?
What I’m talking about is the hallway that goes down where the old single rider and current handicap entrance is. There’s a bridge hallway on the right hand side that connects with the main queue maybe 20/25 feet after entering the hallway. Right now it looks like single rider is merging at the end of the outdoor queue with the LL before they go down the indoor ramp to the regular queue merge.

What I’m talking about is the hallway that goes down where the old single rider and current handicap entrance is. There’s a bridge hallway on the right hand side that connects with the main queue maybe 20/25 feet after entering the hallway. Right now it looks like single rider is merging at the end of the outdoor queue with the LL before they go down the indoor ramp to the regular queue merge.

I guess I always thought that the queue merge was still at that outdoor point - maybe that changed? I can't picture another spot for it, but it's been a while.

I guess I always thought that the queue merge was still at that outdoor point - maybe that changed? I can't picture another spot for it, but it's been a while.
I take it you haven't been on space in a while. The merge point has been moved back inside the building where it used to be back in the day. The standby queue now goes into the building and down a single switchback ramp and comes to another landing where it meets up with the LL queue that enters the building by turning left on the left side of where the old merge was. LL goes down a short hallway ramp and meets up with the regular queue at the bottom to then be merged and sent on down to the loading area.

Edit: From what I've gathered the new single rider line is merge with LL before it takes that left hand turn to head inside.

I take it you haven't been on space in a while. The merge point has been moved back inside the building where it used to be back in the day. The standby queue now goes into the building and down a single switchback ramp and comes to another landing where it meets up with the LL queue that enters the building by turning left on the left side of where the old merge was. LL goes down a short hallway ramp and meets up with the regular queue at the bottom to then be merged and sent on down to the loading area.

Edit: From what I've gathered the new single rider line is merge with LL before it takes that left hand turn to head inside.

Okay, yeah, then it's different now. I didn't know it used to be a different way.

Okay, yeah, then it's different now. I didn't know it used to be a different way.
The way it is now is how it was back in like 2005, I'm not sure when it switched to the outdoor merge. I want to say it moved to the current setup when Genie+ was introduced.

The way it is now is how it was back in like 2005, I'm not sure when it switched to the outdoor merge. I want to say it moved to the current setup when Genie+ was introduced.

It was definitely doing that before Genie+, but I couldn't say for how long. 2005 is well before my park-going days.

Yup. A friend is there now. He says that you go in the regular entrance. Guests are lined up with the Lightning Lane to the right of it. You walk up standby line and single separates at the top. I’ll definitely take advantage of that on Sunday.

If anyone can get pics of this and time the process I'd appreciate it! This seems extremely inefficient. I can only guess the reason for this is either that:

1. CMs on the ride platform couldn't keep up with single rider because of how fast they dispatch trains, so it caused everything to slow down.
or
2. There's some new use for the old single-rider space. Maybe a different line, or maybe some new code that requires it to be empty.

I'm guessing it's #1. Easy solution, have 2 CMs boarding the trains - it would make things massively more consistent and probably increase throughput by 150 or so per hour based on the amount of partly empty trains I've seen. But that's 1 extra worker which is extra $$.

Either way though, at least single rider in some capacity is back.

Anyone know if Indy has single rider back post reopening? It was gone pre-refurb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter