space mountain reopening

gluman58

Earning My Ears
I know i have seen threads on this but just wanted to make sure. Someone told me that they saw a sign on space mountain saying it wouldnt open till after the new year anyone no if there is any truth to that?

They just took down the construction walls, and DW saw a report on another site about possible soft openings.

Perhaps any of the CMs here can tell whether positions have been posted yet? I think it is close to that time...

PLEEEEEEEEEZ let it open early, I go home on the 21st.
Have not been to MK for 6 years so wanted to ride it, refurb or not.

I go there for thanksgiving week with the entire family (18 of us) and my nephews will be crushed if it isnt open.

OH man, I sure hope it's open sooner than after the 1st of the year. I'll be there in early December and was really hoping to ride.

***EDIT: On all ears they still have Nov 21 as the re-opening date.****

Terri

I was just there Sunday and the signs say re-launching Winter 2009, some of the construction walls were down, and you could hear voices inside SM on the TTA, and I have read others saying that they heard/saw it running as they were on the TTA so I think they are still on schedule to open it very soon...I would guess by Thanksgiving which was the orginal timeline

The internal calendar still shows SM and the Arcade both reopening on the 22nd.

I am so excited about this! I can. not wait to ride this.

i was told by a CM family member who works with me, that it should be open for a "soft opening" this weekend.

they are waiting for OSHA certification which was to be done last week, but wasn't and should be ready this week. That's the only thing holding it back. the CM from above, fromthe family member who told me, already got to ride it and said its cool.

so for anyone going this weekend, go over there and check it out!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter