Space Mountain REHAB schedule...ANY chance?

jillyjill

Earning My Ears
My DS's first words when I told him we were going to WDW was "Now I can go on Space Mountain"!

And of course, SPACE MTN is down for rehab 'til Oct/Nov.

Has anyone ever noticed an attraction rehab finishing early?

How can they put one of their biggest attractions at MK on rehab all summer?:confused:

JJ:surfweb:

'77 WDW HS SR. TRip LBV
'80 DL College Choir Trip DLH
'86 DLWe now live in Calif DLH
'90 DL Passing through while moving back to PA DLH
'91 WDW Mom's first trip CBR
'04 WDW First trip with DS(8) DD (4) CR/AKL
'06 WDW With Friends and their kids LBV
'09WDW Bringing our teenagers CSR

My DS's first words when I told him we were going to WDW was "Now I can go on Space Mountain"!

And of course, SPACE MTN is down for rehab 'til Oct/Nov.

Has anyone ever noticed an attraction rehab finishing early?

How can they put tone of their biggest attractions at MK on rehab all summer?:confused:

JJ:surfweb:

Attractions come back from rehab early often, Space most likely won't. This is a big one, not quit what we did at Disneyland, but it's still a big one. If you're going close to the Oct/Nov time, maybe.

Sorry.

Any rehab dates and do change. However, Space should be pretty firm, if anything may extend. The rehab has been chopped back quite a bit, initially rumors were saying a 18 month downtime. It badly needs it to be brought back into decent shape, even if it doesn't get the full overhaul it needs.

And stuff has to be rehabbed at some point. A poster on another board pointed out that just about all of DL's FL attractions go down for 2-6 weeks over the summer this year for rehabs. (Not all at once of course) WDW tries to shift most of their rehabs to slow periods, but something of this magnitude will have to overlap busy times, its just the nature of the beast.

I doubt it. It is a massive rehab...they are replacing just about all the track, repainting, testing. It closed down the day before I arrived in April...same with TTA. It will be down when I take my dd down in August (she is really bummed she won't get to ride it) and hopefully will be open when I return in early Dec. I'm actually hoping for an early reopening for TTA in August. It's scheduled to reopen the day after we leave....here's hoping they reopen a few days early.
Sorry your ds will miss riding Space Mt. He and my dd can mourn together..too bad she's 33!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter