space mountain question

NickNElliesMom

Earning My Ears
I'll be visiting WDW in August with ds (11) and dd (8). dd has decided she is ready to give space mountain a try, but ds hates roller coasters of any kind. Since we'll be traveling alone, I won't have anybody to stay with him while we wait in line. So my question is, does the ride unload at the same point that it loads riders? If we all 3 wait in line together, could he just cross over and wait at the exit for us?

No, but he can take the "chicken exit" and wait for you at the gift shop...

Excellent advice from the PP. At 11 years old, I think you could direct him to and expect him to wait in the gift shop area. Does he have a cell phone? (just in case)

Last summer I traveled alone with my 3 kids. My oldest (10.5 at the time) was too chicken to ride Splash Mtn.. He went through the line and then took the chicken exit and waited for us. It was really easy and not a problem. Of course he had to take some teasing from the CM that the younger kids weren't too scared! He regretted his decision when his 5 yr old brother declared it his favorite ride! We tried to catch the ride again at closing on our last night but missed it by about a minute! ODS has ridden it before but there is something about that visual of the drop that freaks him out. He LOVES Space Mtn. I think it is because he can't see it! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter