Space Mountain Question

I can't wait!!! Space Mountain is my absolute favorite ride of ALL TIME and it's the first ride I have to ride every time we go to WDW.

Thanks for the info Robo! :thumbsup2

any chance on soft openings? DH is military, so we have to go when they tell us we can have leave... so we'll be there Nov 9 - 16, I just keep praying they'll have it ready by then and need somebody to test it out! :thumbsup2 do they have waiting lists for that? where do you sign? :woohoo:

Gotta say that SM was getting really rough an was really needing a rehab.....CAN NOT WAIT to try it mid dec when we down there next. I'm sure the FP's will go quick for this one for awhile the same as some of the other attractions right after rehab..

Will it still be a one-seater? My kids will be tall enough, but I would only let them at their age if it turned into a side-by-side seating arrangement.

Why?? I don't get the problem with single seating. Is it just a having my hands on them and being in control issue? My DD6 will be riding for the first time (if it is open) on our thanksgiving trip, and from a safety standpoint, I think the single seats would be safer for small riders as the lap bars will be individually fitted to them, not like BTMRR where the lap bar is fitted to the largest adult.

Im fingers crossed for Nov 22 also---we leave for home that day. I arranged for a KTTK tour for 930 so we could grab fast passes when the park opens, the do the tour, then be able to ride SM before leaving for the airport. Will be a big disappointment for DD17 and DH if it will still be closed....

Why?? I don't get the problem with single seating. Is it just a having my hands on them and being in control issue? My DD6 will be riding for the first time (if it is open) on our thanksgiving trip, and from a safety standpoint, I think the single seats would be safer for small riders as the lap bars will be individually fitted to them, not like BTMRR where the lap bar is fitted to the largest adult.

I don't think that it is necessarily a "control issue" from my part. I think it's more because it is dark and unexpected. I think that they would probably freak out about riding alone and in the dark with out me next to them. Even though they both meet the height requirements, they still are pretty young: 4 and 5.

If this will be anything like the renovated SM at Disneyland, then it will be awesome! I just happened to be there when the refurbed SM opened. I rode it with the sounds of the Red Hot Chili Peppers blasting in my ear! It was wild. And fun. the soundtrack can change to whatever is needed. I understand right now, DL is doing a Halloween version at SM. Oh, and the ride was much smoother.

I don't think that it is necessarily a "control issue" from my part. I think it's more because it is dark and unexpected. I think that they would probably freak out about riding alone and in the dark with out me next to them. Even though they both meet the height requirements, they still are pretty young: 4 and 5.

Ahhh, I see what you are saying. I guess I never looked at it from a kids would freak out point of view b/c I have a daredevil of a DD. She will turn 6 next week and was just barely 5 when we went last year. She did everything she was tall enough for and was really bummed she wasn't tall enough for Space mountian. It would have never occured to me that she would be scared. My mind automatically jumps to safety.

I am really hoping for a soft opening toward the end of October, maybe between Oct 26-29th, as I'll be there for 2 weeks and that is my last week in the parks. When I was down two years ago we got in to Spaceship Earth during a soft opening and that was about a month before hand I think.

HOPE, HOPE, HOPE!!

Can't wait until December. Taking my nephew for his first trip on space mountain. Hope he loves it as much as I do.

I am really hoping for a soft opening toward the end of October, maybe between Oct 26-29th, as I'll be there for 2 weeks and that is my last week in the parks. When I was down two years ago we got in to Spaceship Earth during a soft opening and that was about a month before hand I think.

HOPE, HOPE, HOPE!!

We were there for the soft opening of Spaceship Earth too and it was Dec 10-16 we were there so I bet that was a month before opening :confused3

Ahhh, I see what you are saying. I guess I never looked at it from a kids would freak out point of view b/c I have a daredevil of a DD. She will turn 6 next week and was just barely 5 when we went last year. She did everything she was tall enough for and was really bummed she wasn't tall enough for Space mountian. It would have never occured to me that she would be scared. My mind automatically jumps to safety.

I remember the first time my older daughter went on space mountain when she was 6. I was able to lean just far enough forward to put my hand on her shoulder for comfort after she started shrieking "I DIDN'T WANT THIS...I DIDN'T WANT THIS" over and over after the first turn until the end of the ride. She had begged to go on...but for the rest of the trip she asked before every ride to make sure it wasn't going to be like space mountain. Time flies. Next year she will bring her new husband on our family trip in April. I have already warned him about her troubles with space mountain. ;)

-Jimbo

We were at the MK on this past saturday, and when we rode the tta, we would see the new cars, and it looked like they were testing them, they were on the lift part, and we could see them, but we were at a bad angle to get a picture, but they're grey, and they look pretty sharp!! So...looks like they're testing the cars, and that's a good sign!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter