• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space Mountain/California Screamin and Red Hot Chili Peppers

1Robins

DVC owner: Saratoga Springs
Does anyone know if DLR will be playing RHCP sometime this year on SM and CS like they did last year?

I haven't heard that so I am seriously doubting if they will ever bring that back. It was a one time thing. It was cool, I wish they would bring it back to both rides.

Thank goodness it's gone for good. I don't like the Chili Peppers and both rides are far better with their regular music. I also hated seeing the track on Space.

Well I like the chili peppers alright and definitely it added a little to screamin' for me. I am torn on Space mountain. It was interesting to see the track, although not much cause it is going to fast. Really, I like the space set up better.

I really liked the change in music for both rides; although I didn't mind seeing the tracks in SM because I knew it wasn't permanent. I really wasn't a big RHCP fan until they released Stadium Arcadium (of course they won a grammy for best rock album). The Space Mountain version kinda reminded me of Rock'n Roller Coaster at Disney MGM (without the bright neon signs).

Didn't quite like Higher Ground on Space Mountain, but I ABSOLUTELY loved Around the World on Screamin'.

But if I remember correctly, the Chili Peppers wanted Disney to remove their music from the rides almost as soon as it went up. :rolleyes:

I highly doubt it. If they were, we'd definitely hear about it and there would be several threads discussing it.

My kids were 5 and 7 last year and they loved it because they could see the track and it alleived their fears. The year before they were too scared in the dark. I am hoping this year that they will know the ride so well they won't care if they see the track. I like it darker. We rode it 8 times in 3 days no more than 10 minute wait, it was great.

I haven't heard that so I am seriously doubting if they will ever bring that back. It was a one time thing. It was cool, I wish they would bring it back to both rides.

I wish! We all loved it in my family! We do like our rock n' roll...

I agree fun for Screamin', no go for me on Space Mountain, I hated seeing the track!

Bring it back!!!!!!!!!! But yes dim the lights on SM , much better in the dark.

I'm so sad I missed it on SM! I thought it would be up for the YEAR of a Million Dreams, not just a few months, so I put it off for the next trip and missed it! Drat!

I hope they bring it back - DB loooooved Space Mountain! :goodvibes So did I.

I didn't ride Screamin', but he wasn't fond of that one.

He actually misses it so much - he puts his earbuds in and listens to 'Higher Ground' on BOTH rides every time now :lmao: (In all of our ride pictures, if you look closely, you can see he's got headphones on).

I'd be in heaven if they played Paul Oakenfold's Ready Steady Go on Screamin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter