space 220

kingken

LOVEFLORIDA
hoping to get lucky with a SPACE 220 restaurant reservation but if not the lounge, is it same menu as restaurant and are teenagers allowed in lounge TIA

The lounge has a separate menu, but you are allowed to order the prefix menu if you want to. You're not allowed to order only 1 item from the prefix menu though - it's the entire menu or nothing. That is what I was told by my server when I was there. I actually recommend the lounge to people as you're not tied to the prefix menu price.

Yes, teens and kids in general are allowed in the lounge. When I was there, every table around me had a kid 10 and under. I believe the bar is 21 and up only but I've seen reports of people bringing their kids to the bar so YMMV.

The lounge has a separate menu, but you are allowed to order the prefix menu if you want to. You're not allowed to order only 1 item from the prefix menu though - it's the entire menu or nothing. That is what I was told by my server when I was there. I actually recommend the lounge to people as you're not tied to the prefix menu price.

Yes, teens and kids in general are allowed in the lounge. When I was there, every table around me had a kid 10 and under. I believe the bar is 21 and up only but I've seen reports of people bringing their kids to the bar so YMMV.
thank you

hoping to get lucky with a SPACE 220 restaurant reservation but if not the lounge, is it same menu as restaurant and are teenagers allowed in lounge TIA
The Lounge is the most popular option so it might be harder to get an ADR than the restaurant. You can line up before the restaurant opens to obtain a lunch or dinner reservation if you don't get in advance. We did it a couple weeks ago. Restaurant is prix fixe ONLY.

The Lounge is really in the same room as the restaurant, just elevated a few feet. The Bar sits within the Lounge. There are no age restrictions in the Lounge seats. Lounge offers a Lounge menu or the prix fixe menu.

The Lounge is the most popular option so it might be harder to get an ADR than the restaurant. You can line up before the restaurant opens to obtain a lunch or dinner reservation if you don't get in advance. We did it a couple weeks ago. Restaurant is prix fixe ONLY.

The Lounge is really in the same room as the restaurant, just elevated a few feet. The Bar sits within the Lounge. There are no age restrictions in the Lounge seats. Lounge offers a Lounge menu or the prix fixe menu.

Do you know if the bar count as a lounge reservation or is that a walk up wait list like nomad lounge?? Im bummed that I couldnt get a lounge reservation but we really only want to see what its like and have a drink so if we can get in line a little before they open and get a walkup spot at the bar that would be the ideal situation

Do you know if the bar count as a lounge reservation or is that a walk up wait list like nomad lounge?? Im bummed that I couldnt get a lounge reservation but we really only want to see what its like and have a drink so if we can get in line a little before they open and get a walkup spot at the bar that would be the ideal situation
They told us BAR was walk up only, party out - party in - depending on numbers. He said you just wait outside in line.

Note on our day there were folks in line for it about 9:45 am for 11:30 am opening. Not much shade. And a couple in front of us was holding a spot for their whole party. 🤨

They told us BAR was walk up only, party out - party in - depending on numbers. He said you just wait outside in line.

Note on our day there were folks in line for it about 9:45 am for 11:30 am opening. Not much shade. And a couple in front of us was holding a spot for their whole party. 🤨

What time did you all join the line? And what time was the reservation you were offered?

I just passed our 60 day adr mark. I could easily book Space 220 for dinner on multiple days/times, but could get zero adrs for the lounge. You may be fine with the table service.

Its nice waiting in line is an option; that will have to be our plan also as we were unable to get any ADR our entire trip. First time that has happened for any restaurant as long as we tried right when our booking opened..!

Am I right in thinking there are two lines then..? One to ask for an ADR and then another to just wait period to get a bar seat?

What time did you all join the line? And what time was the reservation you were offered?
We walked up around 9:15 to look, we were on our way to Test Track. No one in line and nothing going on. We returned after our ride at 9:45 and there were about 4-5 parties in line. We joined the line. Folks in front had done before and said they come out at 10:30 to start offering reservation times. By 10:30 there were about 20+ people in line (I know a couple were holding the line for their whole group). The first party was looking for 7 people, one in front of us wanted the bar. They slowly went through and the bar people stayed behind.

Times offered were based on your party size and what they had opening. The couple in front of us was offered opening at 11:30. The party of 7 was given afternoon some time. Our party of 3 was offered 2 pm. Had they offered dinner we would have passed on that price point.
Its nice waiting in line is an option; that will have to be our plan also as we were unable to get any ADR our entire trip. First time that has happened for any restaurant as long as we tried right when our booking opened..!

Am I right in thinking there are two lines then..? One to ask for an ADR and then another to just wait period to get a bar seat?
Our day at opening there was one line. There is no one out there to even organize two lines so everyone got in one. As folks got their restaurant times it left behind the bar people. I assume as time went on there might have been two lines developing though. When we went back to eat there was only the bar line, I assume it doesn't take long for open reservations to be filled.

When we went back to eat there was only the bar line, I assume it doesn't take long for open reservations to be filled.
Apologies for pestering you with so many questions, but did the bar line look insane when you went back..? We're just two adults so it may be our best bet though we wouldn't be able to get in line right away; we're disembarking from a cruise that morning and will need to go to the hotel to check in and then plan to head over to Epcot.

Apologies for pestering you with so many questions, but did the bar line look insane when you went back..? We're just two adults so it may be our best bet though we wouldn't be able to get in line right away; we're disembarking from a cruise that morning and will need to go to the hotel to check in and then plan to head over to Epcot.
We went back at 2 pm. I'm trying to remember ... the line didn't go past the planet, maybe 6-8 or so waiting. The bar seats 10. Wait all depends on how long folks hang out at the bar.

brilliant thanks for info as dont think we will get adr as not on site

I have a lunch ADR but really wanted the lounge. If we join the walk up line for the lounge, would they be able to take care of our restaurant reservation so that we don't get charged a no show fee?

I have a lunch ADR but really wanted the lounge. If we join the walk up line for the lounge, would they be able to take care of our restaurant reservation so that we don't get charged a no show fee?
There is no walkup for the Lounge.

You can get in line for a Restaurant reservation or you can stand in the standby line for the Bar. The bar is 10 barstools at the bar. The tables in the Lounge are saved for the Lounge ADR folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter