Space 220 ADR cheat??

ccondon23

Earning My Ears
My daughter is coming down from New England in February. She really wants to eat at Space 220, but as near as I can tell, it's impossible to get an ADR there -- I've been trying every day for two weeks, getting up at 5:30. I'm assuming that this is because people staying on-site are taking up all the ADRs during their 60-days-plus-length-of-stay window. Ethics aside, if I booked a hotel reservation, then was able to get an ADR in the 60-days-plus-length-of-stay window, could I then cancel the hotel reservation or would that automatically cancel the ADR as well?

Your advantage of booking early by staying on property has pasted.
Just keep trying what you're already doing.

I was able to get a reservation within our 60-day window, but that was back in November. Unless she's coming down after February 7, then Narcoossee is spot on - you're already inside the 60 day window and it wouldn't matter. Reservations are typically tied to your account not a reservation, but I can't say for sure tbh.

That said, even with a hotel reservation there will be others who had those dates already open up in their 60 days - so it's possible it'll already be booked anyway.

You could always try to get reservations in the Lounge side. Those reservations haven't been opened up/released for February so folks who have a hotel reservation haven't had any advantage there (me!)

Really, it isn't worth it. I understand wanting to try it, but the food isn't that great. I suggest going to the lounge instead.

My daughter is coming down from New England in February. She really wants to eat at Space 220, but as near as I can tell, it's impossible to get an ADR there -- I've been trying every day for two weeks, getting up at 5:30. I'm assuming that this is because people staying on-site are taking up all the ADRs during their 60-days-plus-length-of-stay window. Ethics aside, if I booked a hotel reservation, then was able to get an ADR in the 60-days-plus-length-of-stay window, could I then cancel the hotel reservation or would that automatically cancel the ADR as well?

I just scored a reservation yesterday for 12/23 using the Reservation Finder on Touring Plans.... I got two alerts yesterday and hit pay dirt on the second one. Just got to be quick!

Check for cancellations on the boards, that’s how I got mine, 2 weeks before my trip date. I tried everyday for the 60 days, I am also off-site.

...and having a hotel reservation is no guarantee. We're on-site the first week of Feb (5-12) and we were not able to get a Space 220 reservation. In fact, I'm amazed and the number of restaurants unavailable. We regularly travel to WDW this time of year and I have never had as slim pickings as what was available when we were able to reserve.

You could always try to get reservations in the Lounge side. Those reservations haven't been opened up/released for February so folks who have a hotel reservation haven't had any advantage there (me!)
How far in advance do reservations for the Lounge open?

I've been trying since our 60 day window for a Space 220 for literally hours every day. We based our entire trip around it, and even with staying onsite have not been able to snag one. I was feeling good that we could just do the lounge, but now you can't do that without a reservation either. I wouldn't book just to get a reservation.

We walked up and were offered a table that "had been cancelled". We had to do the set lunch price that that was fine with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter