Spa Villa for One

ehagerty

DIS Veteran
I was motivated to try this experience by podsnel trip report (will include link when I find the specific, spa post). I am not a regular at any spa and rarely get a massage, even though I like them.

You start with the reservation and checking in - this report will start with walking down the hall from the check in desk to the spa room:

p974374863-3.jpg

... a quick turn to the right, Kelly leads me down the hall to HER spa room

p708991959-3.jpg

... entering into your room for the next 100 minutes. I am standing here in the middle of the interior room, with some sort of hydrobed on my right (don't know how it was used, just reporting) and the massage table on the left. Looking stright ahead, the exterior veranda includes the hot tub (right), chair, and day bed (left - more on that later).

p987164664-3.jpg

Next, Kelly sits down and discusses - briefly - allergies, preferences, etc.

p926294504-3.jpg

Here is your robing, decoratively hung up and waiting for you, flowers (silk) on your pillow

p1060114562-4.jpg

A dish of Elemis products, unobstrusive advertising (no sales push at all)

p1061598101-3.jpg

p744456675-3.jpg

A view of the daybed

p606370068-3.jpg

...with the tea cart ready, your towels below (my own sandals)

p598559334-3.jpg

After checking for your scent preferences, Kelly adds something to the hot tub.....

p589668563-3.jpg

... then provided you with a choice of lemon water or cucumber water. Obviously, I choose lemon here. Later, I past the larger containers of water and tried the cucumber water - very refreshing - would get that next time, only because I get lemon water at every restaurant I go to. I'm sure you could ask for a sample of both, and then choose, if you are not sure!

p936119475-3.jpg

Finally, IN the tub - here is your view:

p880027360-4.jpg

You can see where a second person could fit in the tub at the same time - "black rectangle" would be his / her backrest.

Scooting over to the "other" position - this would be that view:

p858931963-4.jpg

What a nice little towel-rug laid down for you to walk on!

p802553971-3.jpg

After your massage, you can either return to the hot tub, choose to sit on the daybed, or mix it up any way you want for the remaining time. I chose the daybed, because, unlike Kramer, I don't like eating in the tub.

p861249477-4.jpg

The tea is from tealeaves.com - the supplier for the Gardenview Tea (Grand Floridian) and Palo's. You also get a dish of fresh fruit and two chocolate covered strawberries.

p923600880-3.jpg

Othe random thoughts:
1. The quality of the massage - very good. My husband is a certified licensed massage therapist. He doesn' t practice, but I've been exposed to more than you might think, given my opening paragraph - that I am not a spa person. I'd like to be, I just haven't brought myself to spend the money on it.
2. You get $30 off a future massage on the same cruise, with the same person, should you decide to return. I scoffed - what could possibly be more self-indulgent than the Spa Villa Experience? Turns out, Spa +1. Later the next day, I booked.
3. We had an inside cabin - I am sure that made the veranda experience more special than if we had one attached to our room.
4. My classic "test" for myself:
4a. Would I repeat the experience? I would LIKE to, but I think I would go for 2 massages, before one Spa Villa experience.
4b. Would I recommend it? Absolutely.

First the cognac tasting and now the spa villa ... it's like you did everything on your cruise that Jay and I want to do on ours next year. :laughing:

Thanks for the report because I have been dying to learn more about the spa villa experience. And I loves me a good spa treatment or twelve. :thumbsup2

Awesome report, you have a great style and the photos are a wonderful addition.
This "treatment" has been on my mind since it was announced.

Pj

Thanks for the report!- I have one booked but still had doubts because of the cost but now I think Im going to do it.

Great, I had no plans on booking this but now you've got me rethinking it! Terrific report along with beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

First the cognac tasting and now the spa villa ... it's like you did everything on your cruise that Jay and I want to do on ours next year. :laughing:

Thanks for the report because I have been dying to learn more about the spa villa experience. And I loves me a good spa treatment or twelve. :thumbsup2

We also both work in the financial industry and have the same birth month. Our hair color, however......

Awesome report, you have a great style and the photos are a wonderful addition.
This "treatment" has been on my mind since it was announced

Thank you - feedback does encourage posters to keep posting!! Let us know if you go!

Thanks for the report!- I have one booked but still had doubts because of the cost but now I think Im going to do it.

Price, no doubt, is a serious consideration. I have never done anything of that magnitude for myself before. And you have to add tips on top. I definitely did it a a once-in-a-lifetime thing - kind of like Victoria & Albert's... :rolleyes1 (that's for people following multiple threads...)

Great, I had no plans on booking this but now you've got me rethinking it! Terrific report along with beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

I'd like to say "anytime" - but that probably won't be true of this particular experience!!

Thanks for the great report and pictures. I booked this for our upcoming cruise. I'm traveling with just my 3 DDs this time. I figure I will desperately need some "Alone Time" after the busy pre-cruise days in the parks. :cloud9:

Thanks for the great report and pictures. I booked this for our upcoming cruise. I'm traveling with just my 3 DDs this time. I figure I will desperately need some "Alone Time" after the busy pre-cruise days in the parks. :cloud9:

I actually "sold" myself on this, saying (to myself) that, after 10 days with the family at WDW, I would NEED alone time early in the cruise to decompress. However, we had a great time at WDW (even with the 2 feet of rain) and the Spa experience was icing on the cake. Whether "required" for decompression or "desired" just because, I am sure you will enjoy it.

OK - I'm sold. I was strongly leaning towards booking this and after viewing your pictorial review I've decided it a "must do". Thanks (I think...):goodvibes

I've done the "Alone Time" on two separate sailings, in between which my husband & I purchased a hot tub for home use. The only thing I will say is that when you have a hot tub at home, the balcony hot tub is considerably less of a thrill. The view is spectacular, of course, but soaking time just doesn't excite me anymore since it became a regular part of my lifestyle. :goodvibes Both times I did the ginger & lime salt scrub with half body massage, and I highly recommend the treatment (unless you have a sunburn, in which case it would be torture :thumbsup2). You'll be amazed how smooth your skin feels afterward!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter