Spa Question

pgjam

Mouseketeer
Hi:
Is the SSR Spa the old Disney Institute Spa? I was looking at the spa in the WDW website & the prices seem a lot higher than before SSR was built. (Could just be my memory of course)
pgjam

SSR was built on the site of the old Disney Institute, but almost all of the buildings on the property are brand new construction.

Operation of the spa itself is outsourced by Disney to another organization. I believe it's the same company that runs the spa at the Grand Floridian. It's not surprising that prices have increased--particularly since the DI closed about 3 years ago (although the spa did stay open a bit longer.)

::MinnieMo
Yes it is the old DI. I just used the spa last thurs. Prices are higher but its a nicer facility. DVC members get discounts ONLY on some sevices. I think the discount should be across the board.
But it is nice.

thanks - I guess I better start saving my pennies (Make that quarters)
pgjam

Is the 'spa' and the excersise area the same thing? Is there a charge to use equipment?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter