Spa/pool question on rentals

Twoboysnmygirl

DIS Veteran
Ok, this is going to sound silly, but when you are planning so far in advance, you start nitpicking details! :lmao:

How hot do those connected "spas" get on the pools at rental homes? I've never been in one, but they seem to be pretty standard. Is that just regular water made to bubble?

I ask because we have 2 choices: a house that is UBERclose to WDW with a real hot tub and gorgeous view (but smaller, we are a group of 8) OR a MASSIVE house owned by the same people, 4 miles farther, but with one of those spa's instead of a real hot tub. Which would you choose? The thought of a nice hot tub after the parks sounds great to my feet and being close is really important, but the 2nd house is just huge and we would have all the space we need and then some.

So do the spa's get hot like a real hot tub??

I know, tough decisions! :laughing:

There can be various systems, so if you are already in contact with the owner of the homes it would be best to ask them.
In our home there is one heat pump for the pool and spa but a separate thermostat for each, the spa thermostat is set higher than the pool so when you put the spa on the water gets much warmer within a few minutes.
But I have stayed at other homes where there is only one thermostat for both pool and spa. More important is what the temperatures are set to.
But generally I would say a stand alone tub is capable of higher temperatures.

Being closer to WDW and a real hot tub would win it for me, but if you are spending lots of down time at the home then space may be a better option.
Good thing you have lots of time to decide;)

When you set the timer switch on a 'waterfall' spa, a motorised valve is activated so that only the water in the spa is circulated and heated. After a few minutes they can get very hot!

I was very surprised at how warm the spa got at the house that we rented recently. It was attached to the pool and when the spa was on, it got really warm. When we first got there I was nervous though because it was the same temperature as the pool. It only took a few minutes to get warm.

I personally like to have a lot of room on vacation. It is so nice to have enough bedrooms for everyone. No matter what you choose, make sure that no one has to sleep on a pull out couch or anything like that. We did that once in a townhouse and it was a pain because we couldn't use that area when the people sleeping there wanted to go to bed.

We were told by the company we rent from that spa temperature depends on the pool heater the home has. There are two thermostats on each pool heater. One set for the pool and one that is higher for the hot tub.

Our hot tub has always been around 100 degrees and we love it.

I would also ask the owner. By Florida law, I believe the hot tub/spa cannot exceed 104 degrees. Most spas would probably be set at around 100 to 104 degrees, while pool temperature probably around 86 to 88 degrees. The spas that are connected to the pools have a control to heat them 24/7 if you purchase the heat. We just put it on a little ahead of time while we swim in the pool and it is just right when we are ready to use it. We like it around 100 degrees.

It would seem that a hot tub/spa that stands alone may have more jets??? I'm not sure???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter