• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spa or Manicure Services for Kids?

lpandorf

DIS Veteran
We are going on our first cruise in July:cool1: Do they have any special type spa services for kids? I thought I read a post one time about an ice-cream pedicure for kids. DD is 11 so too young for the teen spa, but I know she'd love something geared towards the kids like that.
Thanks!

On the May 8 Dream sailing, my daughters (8 and 6) did the ice cream mani-pedi party. It was in the common room of the Chill Spa (a little small), and each child had a chair and the spa gals brought in foot tubs for each child. They got to choose ice-cream scented scrubs/lotions and then had ice cream at the end. There were four girls present, oldest was maybe 10??? The price was $65/child plus gratuity. The gals from the spa were so friendly and chatty with the girls, and when my 6 year old was afraid to do the lotions and filing, they did just the polish on her fingers and toes and reduced the cost on the spot. (Very nice gesture, I thought) Overall, lots of fun. If your 11 year old is on the mature side, she might prefer an 'official' treatment at the Chill Spa (I could see them making an exception age-wise, but that is just my opinion). No matter what you choose, she will LOVE it!!!

Have a wonderful time, and be sure to treat yourself to some spa time as well!!!! :hippie:

That sounds like something my DD would LOVE! How did you find out about it? Was it in the navigator or advertised via the spa? We are on the dream in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!!! (5/29).

I don't remember if it was in the Navigator, I found out about it when I went to the spa for one of my treatments. They actually have some really good specials if you go there and look at the 'specials' sign in the Spa Lobby. I had booked something with the spa representative in the Concierge Lounge, and then when I went to the spa itself, I noticed the specials and they were exactly what I was looking for! They let me switch services.

I believe the do the ice cream mani-pedi party several times throughout the cruise.

You will have a WONDERFUL time!!

Thanks! I have my CC Cabana massage booked for 1st day on CC (double dip cruise) but I am ALWAYS up for additional spa services if they are a 'special' that doesn't cost me hundreds and hundreds of dollars! I will be checking them out the first evening right after dinner!!!!

My DD(5) had a mani/pedi on the Wonder on the first Alaskan. It was $65. It was basically the same as an adult version...she even got to sit in the comfy chair and get the footbath and leg rub. She really enjoyed it and loved showing off her nails that were done just like mom's!

My DD(5) had a mani/pedi on the Wonder on the first Alaskan. It was $65. It was basically the same as an adult version...she even got to sit in the comfy chair and get the footbath and leg rub. She really enjoyed it and loved showing off her nails that were done just like mom's!

That's great to hear. Did you just book it when you got onboard? I had thought that kids weren't allowed in there -- my DD would be thrilled with something like that! :goodvibes

That's great to hear. Did you just book it when you got onboard? I had thought that kids weren't allowed in there -- my DD would be thrilled with something like that! :goodvibes

I would love to know this as well. We'll be on board in just a few weeks.

A "Princess" mani and/or pedi is available for kids in the Vista Salon (not spa) on the Wonder and Magic. It's not advertised, and you have to ask for it at the salon on board. It is a huge treat for the young 'uns. My 10 yo daughter was the only child in the salon when Pluto arrived (and tried to do her toes...!) :lmao:

Charlene

OMG!!! My DDs (8 & 6) would LOVE that! That would be an added little treat! :thumbsup2

Honestly - the Princess Package for the girls for $65 in my opinion was not worth it. Yes it was cute and yes she enjoyed it but I thought $65 was a little much for it. I thought it should have been no more than $35 for what they did. I would have even been ok with $45 but $65 to me was a little steep. This was one of the ONLY things that I felt like I didn't get my monies worth on.

Gosh my girls would love this. We were looking at the kids treatments at the Grand Floridian but this would save us a bit of money. I'll have to look into this onboard.

Does anyone know if there are any services for teens and what kind of spa service they offer to them? We'll be on the Magic in a month and a bit.:idea:

We just got off the Magic May 14th :0(
My DD 14 was able to get a manicure. It isn't advertised, just go to the salon and ask. Also, one woman would only book her on a shore day, but I went up early on a ship day and was able to get her appt changed.

Last year we were on the Magic in the Med and both my DD's (8 and 14) had a pedi/mani in the Vista Salon. The DD8 had a princess package, the workers also did her hair and she loved it. The DD14 had also a facial. I was able to book this on board on a shore day and the girls had a wonderfull afternoon, got lots of attention from the women that worked in the Salom and DD14 some nice advices for her skin. Will probably try to do something like this again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter