Souvenir shopping in EPCOT with kids

baldy6060

DIS Veteran
My kids have never been to EPCOT but are very excited. I've told them all about Mitsukoshi and the marble pops (they love those and the local store stopped carrying them) and I brought back some of the rice candy last year that was amazing. They are wondering about what else to spend their souvenir money on in Japan and all the other countries. So what ideas do you all have? They are 12 yo son and 15 yo daughter. Treats, fun stuff, maybe toys, all fairly inexpensive. Thanks!

My kids have never been to EPCOT but are very excited. I've told them all about Mitsukoshi and the marble pops (they love those and the local store stopped carrying them) and I brought back some of the rice candy last year that was amazing. They are wondering about what else to spend their souvenir money on in Japan and all the other countries. So what ideas do you all have? They are 12 yo son and 15 yo daughter. Treats, fun stuff, maybe toys, all fairly inexpensive. Thanks!

My son and daughter did the pick a pearl in Japan last year and loved the experience. My son picked the pearl for me, not for him.:rotfl: We bought pearl cages on eBay beforehand and took them with us. Our necklaces were great, and only cost about $21 for each of us including the pearl. DD and I also have awesome bracelets from the bead outpost in the world showcase. They are handmade from old park maps and other Disney paper. You can google "bead outpost EPCOT" and it will come up. My nieces and nephew always buy chocolates from each country.

I can't wait to see what others suggest. We are always looking for new things to try. :goodvibes

My son and daughter did the pick a pearl in Japan last year and loved the experience. My son picked the pearl for me, not for him.:rotfl: We bought pearl cages on eBay beforehand and took them with us. Our necklaces were great, and only cost about $21 for each of us including the pearl. DD and I also have awesome bracelets from the bead outpost in the world showcase. They are handmade from old park maps and other Disney paper. You can google "bead outpost EPCOT" and it will come up. My nieces and nephew always buy chocolates from each country.

I can't wait to see what others suggest. We are always looking for new things to try. :goodvibes

The bead outpost looks really cool! Hmm, might need to do a little Christmas shopping while I am there!

All the countries are great to find different article, mouse gear has everything Mickey. There are so many places to buy things it is unreal.

My favorite shopping is at EPCOT. My DS buys a new set of chop sticks in Japan every visit. And he has taught himself how to use them!

Norway is fun shopping too! The toy store in Germany. I like to a chocolate from each country. Definitely have them make a mask and do a Passport. I know they are older but it is still fun. Maybe pick a phrase and ask the CM to write that phrase in their language.

If your souvenirs don't have to be Disney the China pavilion has great deals. My kids bought little boxes with metal turtles inside for $1.50 on sale.

instead of scheduling a big meal, we get a snack in each country. we have our favs and cant wait to get to some. but as for a souvenier, most if not all the countries have candy, which is pretty fun to try. I think japan is probably our fav for getting lots of little snacks, their store is huge. it will be fun exploring each store to see what little trinkets they can find.

Thanks everyone. These are exactly the ideas I was looking for. This is only my 2nd trip to EPCOT and I only went 1 day last time so we didn't have much time for shopping. We will be going 2 days this time. This helps!

Japan's Mitsukoshi has a lot of souvenirs that very interesting. The pick a pearl as previously mentioned. I love the lucky kitties they have. If you like cats these are fun and they are supposed to bring you good fortune. They are inexpensive.

All the lands are fun to explore and you can find great souvenirs in all of them really.:thumbsup2

Future World has some cool things too but merchandise is Disney themed.
I love Epcot's character Figment who is only available at this park and nowhere else.

I totally agree with the previous posters especially about the pick a pearl in Japan and the Caramel shop in Germany. I would add that in Norway(#1), Italy and France there are some amazing fragrances that you can't get just anywhere. In China, there are many items that relate to the Chinese calendar. My DD was born in the year of the rabbit and she bought a necklace with that Chinese symbol on it. It's very unique. If your kids are into soccer or golf the shop in England has team mdse from the UK. It's so fun to wander in and out of all these shops and so many people don't take the time to really enjoy Worldshow case. Have fun:)

Not sure if your 15yo would be into this but maybe the 12yo. When I was a kid I decided that I wanted to get a little flag (with the wooden base) from each country I visited. They were cheap and I was so pumped to go to the next country to collect my flag. I had them all across my windowsill when I got home. I'm not sure if they still have them, but I feel like they do?

Anyways, other than that. I love the chocolate from each country idea worm761 suggested. That's not too expensive and if your kids are a scrapbooking fan you could keep the wrapper for the book and take a photo of them eating it to add to the page :goodvibes

Ok, I've always wondered about the marble pops? What is the marble all about?

It is funny what my kids have purchased. The last trip my 17 year old son bought a bonsai tree. It is cool!

I think that if you give them the time to actually look and ask questions instead of buzzing through. When my kids were young we'd give them $20 and they would think through all the stores and I had time to shop!

Oh! If your kids are classic rock fans there are some fun shirts, etc in England!

One little note. If you are looking at the T shirts in Mitsukoshi they seem to run very small. My XL sons really wanted one but the XL appeared to be a large medium.

My DD13 loves the World Showcase. She is really into Japanese culture so she LOVES the entire Japan pavilion, but especially the Mitsukoshi store. If your kids are in to anime, there are tons of trinkets of various characters. More recent shows have more items there of course. My DD is really in to Sailor Moon which is kind of old, but they have a nice selection of it too. Tons of Hello Kitty and Pokemon can be found there as well.

A good free experience for your DD is to try on a kimono. They have them for men as well if your DS wants to try one, too. They also have a good selection of origami paper and books. My DD just buys the paper. She has several apps for her ipod that teach you how to fold the paper.

China also has a great shop. Lots of inexpensive jewelry and toys. There is a kiosk set up on along the lagoon across from the pavilion where you can play with the spinning plate, spindle and batons. If they really like them they can buy them out there or in the larger store in the pavilion.

After Japan and China my DD's favorite is probably the UK pavilion. Lots of great Beatles stuff in there. If they ever start selling Dr. Who stuff, I'll never get her to leave. In one of the shops in France you can buy chocolates for .50 each.

About 20 years ago my then 15yo son bought a sword at China. They wouldn't let him carry it and he had to pick it up at the front of the park. We then went to MK for the evening and he carried it all over there. We have a great picture of him carrying it down Splash Mountain. Of course it was still in the bag. That was before bag checks or he probably would have been refused admittance.

:rotfl2:

The bead jewelry looks amazing. Can anyone tell me where it is in Epcot. I probably walked by it a thousand times and just kept going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter