Souveniers I Just Would Not Want To Miss!

Well we do shot glasses so I have 2 from this last trip, well one from NASA and one from tower of terror. I actually get a sweatshirt when I go and we got dd to start on the charm bracelets, although next year we;ll get a couple pins. My favorite souvenier ever is my main st electric parade/fantasmic cd. I got it about 10 years ago at disney land. Obviously when the electric paradde was still around and fantasmic had just started! I lovelistening to it everywhere, only problem is I still get teary after all these years. Thats one of the things at disney that really gets me!

inky dinky doo said:
I have most of the usual things like cups, magnets, T-shirts, atennna toppers, pens, but last trip I started collecting something I haven't seen mentioned here, yet . . . patches.

We were standing behind a man and lady, one day, waiting to get on the monorail, and I was fascinated by their denim jackets. They were covered with patches from all over the world. I decided to see if I could find any patches at WDW, and lo and behold, I came home wih 10 (a Test Track Mickey head; an Epcot Mickey head; Mickey Mouse Club; Disney Vacation Club; WDW: An American Tradition; each of the four parks; and a little one that says WDW, established 1971).

Since then, I've also picked up patches on bsiness trips to Salt Lake City, UT, and Palm Springs, CA, so this has really turned into a fun collection.
I too collect patches. I am a quilter and I have two Disney quilts in progress. One is a photo/autograph quilt. I am getting the characters sig's on a piece of muslin fabric, find a fabric with that charcter on it and take a pic of my kids with that character and then I make a quilt block out of the four pieces. Also I am getting patches from everywhere the kids visit, sewing them on a piece of quilt fabric and then embroidering the date underneath. I thought this would be a great way for the kids to remember when they are not kids anymore.
On our last trip (1/06), the only patches I could find was a set of the four park logos at EPCOt. Where did you find all of your's?

Beach Towels!

With having a pool and living 20 minutes from Lake Huron, they always get put to good use!

-Kim

I am so excited I only have 25 days to go. I told my husband not to buy me anything for Christmas so I can shop at Disney. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I agree with everyone about buying the music from the parks, it always is wonderful to hear it any time of the year. If you get a chance to go to the outlet malls surrounding the WDW area there are some discounted Disney Stores, their names are Character Premiere and Character Warehouse. These stores are owned by the Disney company, and it is where we sell discontinued or overstocked merchandise. I know how it feels to have to be on a budget. The above stores are located at Belz Outlet ( Now Prime Outlet) and at the LBV Premium Outlet off of I-4. Hope this helps a little! See you in the parks! :earboy2:

The Illuminations CD! It has the music from the Tapestry of Nations parade on it. Every time I hear it, it reminds me of walking out of Epcot at night-they still play that music. Ahhh! I also grab all kinds of stationery, cards, envelopes,etc. Mugs from every resort; we use them at home for coffee when traveling to work, always puts a smile on my face. :cool1: On one of my last trips, I found an Eeyore beanie who looked ridiculous! the poor thing was costumed like a turkey, complete with backfeathers. I laughed out loud when I saw it. Ever since, I've found Eeyore in similarly silly outfits. I'd love to collect those.

Pins!Pins!Pins!Pins!Pins!Pins!Pins!Pins!Pins!Pins!Pins!Pins!

I love my pin collection!

There is also a pearl hunting place out by the Beach Club Resort near the shipwreck on the beach. I got an awsome pearl and put in a beautiful pendant and got a nice chain for it, it is still my favorite peice of jewelry.

We always buy beachtowels, the souvineer refillable mugs, and at least one Mickey doll- usually more, so my DFi and I don't fight over them :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I collect ornaments everywhere I go. And I get a different one everytime I come to Disney, so my tree during xmas is a nice reflection of everywhere I've been and a constant reminder that I got to Disney too much-HAHA! Anyway, also love love love the pins! I always get the ones that reflect my personality and my trip. If I stayed at AKL one year, I get an AKL pin during that trip. And so on. But those 2 things are my fave souvenEARS

I bought a keychain that lights up like a wand...its very pretty...found it in the shop at the ASM paid $9.00 for it...for myself!

My favorite is to get a ballcap that I can get the characters autographs on. I wear it while Iam at the parks and at home. It helps to keep the park fresh and brings out the Kid in me. I also buy the mugs to use at home and at work. :firefight

Our absolute favorite thing to buy is the picture either from in front of the castle or a character breakfast, hoop dee doo. We get the size that is a magnet and have them all on our fridge. Its great to see the kids growing up at disney.

We also love the Mr. Potato head parts!!!!!!!!!!!!

We always buy lots of pins. Last trip I bought several scrapbooking items at DTD. They have a great selection. We also always buy Disney Christmas ornaments. We have a whole tree full of Disney ornaments, even a Minnie Mouse angel for the top.

I'm a fan of the Mr. Potato Heads. They're so much fun. I have him on my shelf in my room and every so often I find myself changing his little Disney outfits. It's cute. It helps bring the magic of the park home.

I bought a photo album that hold 100 pictures from the gift shop in our hotel. It has the year on it. I'm gonna make a point of purchasing one each trip. We bought the kids Disney ornaments for the xmas tree also something I plan on doing each year.

On our last trip, I bought:

* mickey head ice cube tray - at least that is what it said it was
* mickey head cutter - use this for big cookies, pancakes, or to cut DD's grill cheese with
* mickey ears
* stuffed animals, Mr. Potato Head, light up spinner, disney character crayons (so cute)
* small snow globe with the year of visit
* scrapbook items
* disney tote bag

Silver Mickey Head Bottle Opener. My neighbor got one when she was there so when I got there in Nov I bought one for myself. Its awesome. Going back in Feb and picking some up as gifts. Also always buy a dated photo album for all the pictures from that trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter