Soutwest Airlines questions

britfish

DIS Veteran
I see theat the next travel dates are to be released 3/23, any chance that happens earlier than stated?
Also, does anyone know when they update the fares? I have a flight booked and keep checking to see if the price drops and I check daily. Are the flight prices updated daily or even several times a day?

I would like the answer to this as well. We are going to WDW 10-29 thru
11-6. We will be able to buy our flight down for now but will have to wait for our return flight when the next batch after 3/23 is released. The good side to that is if the flight down price gets reduced, we get a credit that we can apply towards our flight home tickets.

I have never seen SW release fares earlier. Sometimes, they postpone the date a week. The fares typically come out around 10 am Eastern Time. If you have Ding! on your computer, you will get a Ding! that the fares are up for the new time period.
Most recently, at least from Philadelphia, the fares haven't been that great when they first come out. Sometimes they drop within a few days of the first release. You just have to keep watching.

I have noticed in the past when the new schedule comes out the prices are kind of high then drop about a week or so later.

I'm waiting for these to be released also.
I have to book right away because it seems that SW only offers
one Non-stop Flight early enough on Saturday morning when we leave.
I will get on that plane. I like to leave 1st thing in the morning and get to
WDW around lunch time.

If you fly more than once a year, book the flight you want and look daily at the rate. Simply re-book if it drops with no hassle and no fees. You get a credit for the difference. Heck, even if there is no way for you to use that credit you can post on a website and someone will surely send you some paypal $$ close to the amount of teh credit.

do the rates change on a daily basis? or do they even change multiple times during the day?

Wow, learning a lot from you guys. I didn't know you can book, and rebook without fees. Thanks

do the rates change on a daily basis? or do they even change multiple times during the day?

I'm not sure if they change multiple times a day, but I have seen the fares change at least once in the same day.

If I see a fare I can live with, I book it and then check quite frequently to see if a cheaper fare has come up and then I cancel my old reservation and rebook with the credit I've got from the original reservation.

And just because an e-mail comes out on Tuesday announcing a sale, doesn't mean the price won't go lower on a different day.

There doesn't seem to be any set patttern of when or how cheaper fares are set up, but it is so worth it to check whenver you think about it.

I've never seen dates open up early, but have seen them delayed a few days.

So I have a question.....If I buy the tickets in the "wanna get away" category and the price goes down, can a credit be issued to me? I am confused. I wouldnt want a refund, just a credit for the amount it was lowered to use on my next flight.

Thanks in advance...we have only flown southwest once so we are still getting the hang of this

If you fly more than once a year, book the flight you want and look daily at the rate. Simply re-book if it drops with no hassle and no fees. You get a credit for the difference. Heck, even if there is no way for you to use that credit you can post on a website and someone will surely send you some paypal $$ close to the amount of teh credit.

Andrews dad- what website would you post that on? I have SW credits that need to be used by 5/28 which we won't be able to do...I'd love to put that out there for someone else to use.

Rebecca

I would like the answer to this as well. We are going to WDW 10-29 thru
11-6. We will be able to buy our flight down for now but will have to wait for our return flight when the next batch after 3/23 is released. The good side to that is if the flight down price gets reduced, we get a credit that we can apply towards our flight home tickets.

You know, this is a GREAT idea! I am going to book my flight there, then wait to book my flight home until the initial price drops to use the credit!!!! I always re-book my flight and then can NEVER use my credit! Crazyness.

GENIOUS! I never thought of doing that!!!! :thumbsup2

If I see a fare I can live with, I book it and then check quite frequently to see if a cheaper fare has come up and then I cancel my old reservation and rebook with the credit I've got from the original reservation.

I didn't know I could do this! I'm waiting for Nov 11th flights.
Thanks!

Andrews dad- what website would you post that on? I have SW credits that need to be used by 5/28 which we won't be able to do...I'd love to put that out there for someone else to use.

Rebecca

There are lots, but I might start right here at the Diz boards and keep it in teh family. On this Budget Board or on thsi transportation board.

Heck, even if there is no way for you to use that credit you can post on a website and someone will surely send you some paypal $$ close to the amount of teh credit.

Rebecca

There are lots, but I might start right here at the Diz boards and keep it in teh family. On this Budget Board or on thsi transportation board.

Unless relcx4 is willing to just give the credit away, that would be against Dis rules. Selling isn't allowed on the boards.

In fact the same goes for SW. They do allow awards and credits to be transferred, but not sold.

There are lengthy threads elsewhere trying to figure out exactly how SW monitors sales. Not a lot of consensus that I can tell, other than that they seem to be very good at it. Personally I'd be careful about posting it for sale anywhere. I know SW monitors both e-bay and Craigslist.

I don't know how much your credit is for, but it can be extended. Last time I checked it was $50 for another 6 months. That might be an option. Or do you know of a business associate, friend, family member, etc. who will be traveling before May that you could work something out with?

You know, this is a GREAT idea! I am going to book my flight there, then wait to book my flight home until the initial price drops to use the credit!!!! I always re-book my flight and then can NEVER use my credit! Crazyness.

GENIOUS! I never thought of doing that!!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you....there is some method to my madness!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter