• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest

They generally show up o the site between 6 am and 6:20 but some have reported a later opening. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to refresh the screen to see if the flights have been released? I was thinking to have a flight already chosen with the "flexible date" screen in review for August. Continue to refresh that screen and when August populates, click on the month I need to chose dates. Has anyone tried this approach?

I always book asap and then continue to monitor fares. If I see a reduction in either $ or points, I call SWA. The operators are always friendly about giving us any credit to use later. We fly more than once a year so this is not usually a problem. Fares that I watch generally go up and down both, but it's nice to have the best times and routes nailed down.

They generally show up o the site between 6 am and 6:20 but some have reported a later opening. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to refresh the screen to see if the flights have been released? I was thinking to have a flight already chosen with the "flexible date" screen in review for August. Continue to refresh that screen and when August populates, click on the month I need to chose dates. Has anyone tried this approach?

What time zone? Not heading to Disney, but Denver in August. Thanks!

I have to get 7 tickets for us, all flying out of PIT. I have to wait until the next release for our flights but if I think it is a good rate (a rate that I'm comfortable paying) on the day they come out, I will book them.

Make sure you check the fares for 1 person vs 7. If there are only 6 fares available in the lowest fare bucket, they will charge you the higher price for ALL 7. So, if 1 person is cheaper than 7, keep checking for 2,3,4 etc people until the fare increases. Book the max amount of people you can at the lowest fare.

Any tips for a first-time Southwest booker? Going to be on there at 6am trying to get 2 cheap tickets for our trip. Nervous about picking them out and them selling out before I get checked out. Once I'm in checkout, filling out passenger info, Payment, can I lose them before I hit purchase? Or are they "held" at that point?

Any tips for a first-time Southwest booker? Going to be on there at 6am trying to get 2 cheap tickets for our trip. Nervous about picking them out and them selling out before I get checked out. Once I'm in checkout, filling out passenger info, Payment, can I lose them before I hit purchase? Or are they "held" at that point?

They do not technically hold the tixs so it's always a good idea to put all your info in your account first. Then pretty much everything is filled in and all you need to fill in is your second passenger's info.

We're flying on Labor Day and so far southwest has no early flights to book.
Is this normal to have less flights available on a holiday?
I'm beginning to think we should have flown in on Sunday...

September flights are really expensive! I guess I'm going to stalk the southwest site until they go down
Yeah, my flights down in September were limited and not as cheap as others are reporting at different times and locations. Mine were just under $200 each down, and $150 each back in October. Still better than other carriers but I was shocked at just having three flights to choose from on the way down. That's like half of the flights offered in February-July!

Yeah, my flights down in September were limited and not as cheap as others are reporting at different times and locations. Mine were just under $200 each down, and $150 each back in October. Still better than other carriers but I was shocked at just having three flights to choose from on the way down. That's like half of the flights offered in February-July!
I noticed that too. Not as many non-stop flights from what I've seen for May and June when I started looking from Nov-Jan. I don't know the whole airline system, but maybe they add flights after the original ones release book-up?

We're flying on Labor Day and so far southwest has no early flights to book.
Is this normal to have less flights available on a holiday?
I'm beginning to think we should have flown in on Sunday...

we're flying on sunday, and it's not any better! in fact, we could get a 6am out monday, but sunday the earliest is 9am.

Oooh, I just checked fights using incognito mode on Chrome. My return flight jumped $100+ since this morning.

This is what I have learned about trade from Milwaukee to mco
The longer you wait the higher the prices get or the less likely you are to get choice times
Right now our flights for this year there are none of the cheaper tickets flying down and the return are 20 bucks more

Just got our flights for April down $20 for and $20 flying home each of us. I will use this for our December trip! Doing the happy dance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter