Southwest

logansmummy

Mouseketeer
Hi All! ;) Well it's that time of year again. The annual family Disney trip! :cheer2: Does anyone know when Southwest opens up July's prices:confused3 ? It appears it is only only open until June 26th at this point? I was just seeing if anyone had any inside scoop. :rolleyes1 Thanks in advance fellow Diser'S :thumbsup2

I am also interested around that time- are there discounted seats when they are first released or is it worth waiting for sales?

Also I may need a return flight after 8/14- should I book the departing flight and wait until more dates are added or wait to purchase both at once? Thanks!

I am also interested around that time- are there discounted seats when they are first released or is it worth waiting for sales?

Also I may need a return flight after 8/14- should I book the departing flight and wait until more dates are added or wait to purchase both at once? Thanks![/QUOTE

When they first open up (around 10:30-11:00 a.m.) they usually have the "cheaper seats" but the best rate is to watch for DING. They have the best prices. I always book the flights we want and then watch DING. You can cancel your higher priced seat and get a credit or a refund - at no extra charge.

For the past year or so, the fares on "opening day" have been terrible. Usually they come down within a week or so. I typically have "ticketless travel funds" floating around. These are credits that I receive from SW when there is a fare decrease. I don't have to pay a fee to make the changes, so I check my SW fares daily (sometimes more than once). If the fare goes down, I change my flight to the new lower fare and have a credit for future use. I only book the "web only" or "wanna get away" fares. The higher fare classes are way more $$ than I want to spend, but they are fully refundable.
I always, always, always, book two oneway fares. This was if only one portion of my flight fare decreases, I can change it without risking the other portion.
I always check kayak.com to see what the other airlines are charging for the same ticket. If I can get SW a little higher than the others, I will book it. If not, I will wait. Remember to factor in baggage charges and the other Hidden fees with the other airlines. Southwest doesn't charge for checking 2 bags, so the savings of that fee alone can be worth it.

I LOVE flying SW they are always so kind nice and fun. You don't have that other garbage that you get w/ the other airlines either. SW all the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter