• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest - What time

chowboys

Mouseketeer
I know Southwest will open up past August 12 on February 8th, 2011. Does anyone know what time reservations will open up?

Thanks

usually around 11am. I will be sitting at my computer by 10:30 at the latest thought. Also if you download DING! to your computer, it will send you a DING when the schedule is up

Good Luck:thumbsup2

Last time I had the date circled in red on my work calendar. A few days before I decided to check and they were up. So, I would begin checking a few days before, just in case if it is that important to you.

I personally, am hoping that when the new dates come out the summer prices will go down:rotfl2: We are used to $79 each way to MCO and for summer all dates it is $135 each way.

I know Southwest will open up past August 12 on February 8th, 2011. Does anyone know what time reservations will open up?

Thanks

How did you find this information?

On the bottom of home page of Southwest, click on travel tools under customer service.

On the bottom of home page of Southwest, click on travel tools under customer service.

Thank you, by George it's right there! Looking for flights 10-8, so it looks like we wait until the next segment is opened.

I will be there with my finger on the button:scared1:

They are open by 8am or after 11am
the 1 day a year I cant be home to get the tickets.. LOL
I have a school meeting for my daughter..

And normally I wouldnt worry,
But we are flying home peak labor day weekend this year.

The last several releases have happened much earlier than the 11:00 a.m. ET that SWA used to do. I have been able to buy tickets by 5:30 a.m. or 6:00 a.m. CT the last few times I have purchased on the release date.

I would strongly suggest checking as soon as you get up and the closer it gets to 11:00 a.m. ET the more frequently I would check.

I have only ever flown SW once before (we usually fly Airtran). This time though I am looking for other options for our flight at the end of August. Anyway, why is there such a high interest in the fares on release day? Are they usually cheaper? If I buy tickets now and they go down in price can I get a credit on my credit card?

Thanks!

The last several releases have happened much earlier than the 11:00 a.m. ET that SWA used to do. I have been able to buy tickets by 5:30 a.m. or 6:00 a.m. CT the last few times I have purchased on the release date.

I would strongly suggest checking as soon as you get up and the closer it gets to 11:00 a.m. ET the more frequently I would check.

I agree. On the last two release dates, I was able to book around 5:30 am CST. In previous years, mid-morning was the norm, but not for recent releases. So, set those alarms and good luck!

I have only ever flown SW once before (we usually fly Airtran). This time though I am looking for other options for our flight at the end of August. Anyway, why is there such a high interest in the fares on release day? Are they usually cheaper? If I buy tickets now and they go down in price can I get a credit on my credit card?

Thanks!

You will NOT get a credit on your credit card. :headache: You can however get a "credit" with the airline to use with in one year of the booking date. :)

Thanks!

I have seen the price jump up $25 $50 bucks in just an hour on opening day. I for sure have gotten the lowest rate with the early am opening day method.

I have seen the price jump up $25 $50 bucks in just an hour on opening day. I for sure have gotten then lowest rate with the early am opening day method.

Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter