Southwest Travel Funds Question

WDWorBUST

DIS Veteran
I know that tickets have an expiration on the use of the funds used to purchase those tickets. But if I'm remembering correctly, SW will let you extend the expiration date by 6 months for a $50 fee per ticket. My question is this.....say I have tickets with the expiration of 3/10/11 and I extend it to 9/10/11......do I only have to start travel by the expiration date? Or does travel have to be completed? Oh....and has anyone ever had SW let them extend the expiration twice? Or for longer than 6 months?

I know that tickets have an expiration on the use of the funds used to purchase those tickets. But if I'm remembering correctly, SW will let you extend the expiration date by 6 months for a $50 fee per ticket. My question is this.....say I have tickets with the expiration of 3/10/11 and I extend it to 9/10/11......do I only have to start travel by the expiration date? Or does travel have to be completed? Oh....and has anyone ever had SW let them extend the expiration twice? Or for longer than 6 months?

you might be better to see if you know someone who can use those funds and perhaps reimburse you....

1. you save the 50$ fee

2. the policy on use of those funds will change February 2011 ( after that date they are tied to the person (s) on the booking and can only be used by them )

you might be better to see if you know someone who can use those funds and perhaps reimburse you....

1. you save the 50$ fee

2. the policy on use of those funds will change February 2011 ( after that date they are tied to the person (s) on the booking and can only be used by them )

Seriously? That was one of the things I love about Southwest. Next they'll start charging change fees :sad1:

Well I hope it ends up being a non-issue. As of now the trip is still on - I was just wondering in case things change with my pregnancy and I'm not able to go. Since we would be planning around a new baby too it makes it harder to fit the trip in before the expiration if we do have to cancel.

Seriously? That was one of the things I love about Southwest. Next they'll start charging change fees :sad1:

Well I hope it ends up being a non-issue. As of now the trip is still on - I was just wondering in case things change with my pregnancy and I'm not able to go. Since we would be planning around a new baby too it makes it harder to fit the trip in before the expiration if we do have to cancel.

Things must be getting a bit tighter for SW...

just read in the USA today that they have cut 1600 seats to and from Las Vegas, cutting 12 daily flights

They are suppost to be the busiest airline at McCarren

Hope things all work out for you

smilawgs

I'm sure even Southwest if feeling the crunch. And they are in business to make money too. I prefer to fly Southwest - and not only because it saves me money. However, I have to listen to my pocketbook too and if someone else is enough cheaper I don't fly Southwest. That has actually just been a fairly rare occurrence.

Thanks for the info :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter