Southwest sale

I've tried 3 different times to book flights and the website keeps crashing. It also looks like our return flight has gone up in cost. The website now has a message that they're experiencing technical difficulties and to try again later. I'm so frustrated!

Thank you !! You got me an extra day at Disney as I was able to get the flights on the day I wanted rather than one day later.

Cancelled and re-booked our September flights and saved $40 each.

You can cancel flights. If they are on a "wanna get away" you get a credit to use for up to a year from date of purchase. The other day I re-booked and got points back. Went to book airfare today and site crashed, normal phone line busy and the A-list dedicated line keeps hanging up after hearing a recording. Sent an email to them with my dates hoping they can help me.

Are you guys able to see the flights? I haven't been able to access the booking part of SW for 2 days now....says it's undergoing maintenance.

SWA has a site problem this week...they must be pretty popular right now..... keep trying folks!

I was able to make reservations this morning after trying all night with no luck. Keep trying!

So I wanted to check the cost in points for another flight but the points option is gone. Any idea where it went or how to check the cost in points?

So I wanted to check the cost in points for another flight but the points option is gone. Any idea where it went or how to check the cost in points?
It looks like that part of the website is down. I couldn't even log into my RR account when I tried a few minutes ago. Unfortunately, there is no consistent points-to-dollars conversion for RR points, even for WGA fares. The best estimate would be 1 pt. = 1.1¢ (according to Nerdwallet's blog post which was updated 5/15/15.)

Finally was able to book an hour ago, after more than 24 hours of :headache:. My RR info wasn't working either, but didn't care much at that point. But worth the headache for our flights to Orlando for our December trip. $159 fare from SNA to MCO is hard to beat. :flower1:

Has anybody gotten through by phone this evening and if so how long did you wait? Anyone still holding?

Has anybody gotten through by phone this evening and if so how long did you wait? Anyone still holding?

Not on the phone but I was just able to get through on the website. The phone was going to be my next option, but luckily the site was working for me finally.

Still can't log in to Rapid Rewards. Trying to book a trip with points, so will keep waiting...

We just got a $60 credit on my MIL's flight! I am Excited because she can put it towards another trip. Our flights didn't drop, but I was happy with our initial rates and am expecting at most a $20 break per flight (not very likely given we're traveling Labor Day though)

I wanted to use RR points on some flights so I used the phone. Because of this kerfuffle, I don't think they're using the normal queue system for the phone. I was on the phone several times with them today.

I'd suggest wait 30min max then try again. I waited for 2hrs then worried my call had been lost so dialed back and after 2 rounds of busy signals somebody picked up in seconds.

Then had to call back because of a mistake and got through the after about 40 min but hung up after 30 then waited another 10 before somebody picked up.

I really think it's luck of the phone draw right now. I asked all the reps and they all said the site was expected to be back up already so they really have no idea if it will come back up before the sale ends.

I was probably on the phone for a good 5hrs (mostly on hold), but I was either at my desk or playing computer games at home so no biggy.

I got myself booked from MCO to SJC for $149 for a wedding then SF to LAS for $39 and finally LAS back to MCO for $149

And my mom RT MKE to LAS for $149 each way

Seeing as usually flights to Vegas start to/from Orlando for $225 I think the phone time was worth it!

Got online to work at 830 this evening. Was able to go from SMF-SNA $49 each way. I had to fly out day earlier than I wanted as the flights went up from when I tried yesterday. The company did extend the sale til Friday night. RR was down.

I was finally able to log into my RR account and change a flight using points this morning. I still couldn't add a companion to the new flight, but at least I was able to change the flight.

If you're still hoping to book or change a flight online, using your RR points, give it a shot. It worked for me about 20 minutes ago (finally)! Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter