Southwest Pros, advice!

ScrappinGran

DIS Veteran
We are flying Southwest next month. We have paid the extra $$ to be able to select our seats. I thought my TA said 10 days ahead, but can't remember. How do we do this? It's just my DH and me, we would like aisle seats across from each other, or aisle seats near each other. We are going on a DCL cruise..do we have to do it for the return flight also, because we will be aboard ship, and won't be able to. We did join Southwest's Reward Program if that makes a difference. I am SOOOO stressing over this!

We are flying Southwest next month. We have paid the extra $$ to be able to select our seats. I thought my TA said 10 days ahead, but can't remember. How do we do this? It's just my DH and me, we would like aisle seats across from each other, or aisle seats near each other. We are going on a DCL cruise..do we have to do it for the return flight also, because we will be aboard ship, and won't be able to. We did join Southwest's Reward Program if that makes a difference. I am SOOOO stressing over this!

You can't pay to select your seats, it's open seating for everyone. You can pay for an earlier boarding position. When you get on the plane, pick any open seat. There's no guarantee there will be aisle seats across from each other but you have a better chance with the earlier boarding spot.

While there is no guarantee you will have no problem finding the seating you are looking for with EBCI.

I always make a beeline for the back and have never had a problem getting window, aisle or whatever I need to be next to my child.

SW will automatically check you in at 36 hours out, rather than the 24 hours out that everyone else (with non EBCI). Then you can go straight to the airport and print your boarding passes from the kiosks, or have the agent do it if you are checking luggage.
If you have not done the EBCI for your return flight, I suggest you do so, as it will save you trying to check in through the expensive internet on your last day on DCL.

SW will automatically check you in at 36 hours out, rather than the 24 hours out that everyone else (with non EBCI). Then you can go straight to the airport and print your boarding passes from the kiosks, or have the agent do it if you are checking luggage.
If you have not done the EBCI for your return flight, I suggest you do so, as it will save you trying to check in through the expensive internet on your last day on DCL.

They automatically check you in at 36 hours but you have the ability to view and print your boarding pass on-line at the 24 hour window prior to your flight.

They automatically check you in at 36 hours but you have the ability to view and print your boarding pass on-line at the 24 hour window prior to your flight.

Agreed. I am sorry that my post implied you had to do it at the airport. You may print the boarding passes any time after the 24 hour mark right up to arrival at the airport.

I only fly SW and always get the Early Bird (ECBI) option. As was said before, the only thing you get for your additional $10 is to have an earlier boarding number - but if you're looking for guaranteed aisle seats, your best bet is to mosey towards the rear of the plane for them, but not the last row because it seems a little more cramped than up front. I like the ECBI because don't have to be sitting on the computer at exactly 24 hours before my flight, frantically hitting F5 like a lunatic in the hopes that I get a "B" seating group. I think it makes the travel a little easier.

With that being said, you're not guaranteed an A group, but you will have better seating options than without. I usually travel alone, and I tend to prefer an aisle seat, especially on longer flights (lets me stretch out a smidge without bonking my neighbors). I've never had an issue finding adequate seating!

Good luck and happy flying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter