• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest Prices This Year To Disney

I would buy them now and then get a credit if they go down. We are going on a cruise Dec. 1 so I booked JetBlue the day they opened. They were high, but those same tickets are $454 more now. I have never paid as much as I did this year.

I did this too for October - booked JetBlue as soon as they opened the dates. Those same flights are now 42% higher according to Yapta. For October! Not even Columbus Day weekend.

Fare are CRAZY high out of Minneapolis. We usually non-rev (work for an airline) but the SW credit card offer was to good to pass up. Now the fares are so high! I'm going to book our return tonight $231 ONE-WAY x 3 from Orlando to MSP. I'll probably non-rev down like we always do & hope for the best. I've never flown SW before but I've heard that if the fare goes down they will refund the difference--does anyone know if thats true with your reward points?

We have always preferred SW from St. Louis to MCO. Have gotten great deals over the years, but my DD13 and I are going down in July when the boys are gone on a Boy Scout high adventure trip to Philmont, NM.

SW was at $282 r/t.

I was able to book Frontier Airlines out of Bloomington, IL (a new market for them) for $211/person. Not great, but $70/pp and parking is free at BMI. I also got a 10% discount promo code from them so I upgraded myself to the next booking category which gives us 2 free bags each way.

BMI is also an easier drive for us, and the times were better than the cheaper flights on SW, and they are non-stop flights.

I'll let you know how we like them.
Beverly, I'd check with them....I just searched on Air Tran and SW for Bloomington to MCO and it said they are discontinuing service as of June 3rd this year????

We're going in June and I have been watching SW prices like a hawk. Bought at $99 (in/out of AUS) back in Feb after it was high for a while. Normally I would say to wait but this year SW has just been going higher and higher. United had some $99 each way fares a few weeks ago-you might want to create an alert on bing or kayak. I would rather fly out of SA (and our AUS flight is late arrival) so I am still watching every day!

I finally broke down and "splurged" on flights this year, but will be flying out of Austin also. It was tough to do, but I've been checking flights almost weekly for 6 months and nothing was cheaper than $181 each way on the days I checked (for SAT). Still hoping for a drop in price in SA so I can switch as it's a 2 hour drive for us to Austin and the flights have us arriving really really late and leaving really really early. Not to mention I'm paying almost 40% more for the rooms at POP. And that's with the spring discount! lol. Guess it's getting more tough to plan a budget trip these days.

Last year I flew Frontier from San Antonio to Seattle. They were great! You have to pay a little more for your ticket to have access to the tv's and free carryon bags. When you do that they will include the headphones for the TV. They weren't very comfy but they were included. And even upgrading to that ticket it was still cheaper than SW. Hurts me to say that as I'm pretty loyal to SW.;)

I finally saw prices drop on Southwest (before he got leave granted), so I jumped on it and bought hoping it would all work out okay. Within hours the price had gone back up!

Not Southwest but that's how the Airtran fares were for our May trip too. I booked when I found a good fare ($210 r/t for a Sat to Wed trip) around midnight. When I looked again at 8am that same flight was $275 r/t.

The good fares are still out there, but it seems like you have to work a lot harder to get them!

I got my return flights yesterday for $140 per person. The flight up was $239 a person.:sad: So that's $379 round trip pp. Not as bad as what some have to pay but more than I'm used to from Southwest.

Update.. I just checked the flight up again and it's up to $373!! I guess I should stop complaining.

Beverly, I'd check with them....I just searched on Air Tran and SW for Bloomington to MCO and it said they are discontinuing service as of June 3rd this year????

Yes, AirTran is leaving Bloomington, so Frontier is picking up the route and we are going to fly on Frontier.

This is an interesting thread. I'm looking for tickets from Dallas for mid August and I can't find anything decent. I guess that I'd better plan to drive or just pay up. Gas is outrageous too though!

Flying down on SW at the end of July. When the flights were first posted around November, the one we wanted was around $150pp. I had the site as one of my home page tabs and checked everyday. In December, the price went up and I thought I missed out, but then in January the price dropped to $100pp for just one day and we grabbed them. Now they are $199pp.

We haven't booked a flight home. Those flights opened up later and have yet to drop. We are thinking we will drive back. I know that doesn't seem possible, but we have family taking the autotrain down and we might arrange for them to take our car for us.

We went with JetBlue out of regan -dc/Maryland. It was by far the cheapest!!!92 bucks each way!

I have decided to fly out of Austin for 128 each way. For three tickets it was worth the gas!

I am having the same problem/debate. We fly out of ME usually, and are considering driving down to Boston to cut cost, but the flights in Aug are still sky high! Even out of BOS. So...:confused3 Not sure what to do. I am waiting, with the hope that they will go down. We still have a little over 3 months. Good luck, hope it works out for both of us.

Have you tried SW out of MHT? We usually fly out of PWM or BGR but this summer the rates are nuts. We booked SW out of MHT Jun 23 - Jul 28 for $310 return pp. Not great but not horrible. It was cheaper then flying out of BOS and about the same distance.

Wallawallakids,

Try Providence. We are flying out on August 18 and returning on August 27th. Booked them a month ago for $267 rt. Today it would be $100 more for the same flights but I am sure you can play around and get it under $300.

Just read on another thread how a family stayed at the comfort inn at the airport for $88 the night before and that included parking for their car while they were gone nd shuttle service to the airport.

Wallawallakids,

Try Providence. We are flying out on August 18 and returning on August 27th. Booked them a month ago for $267 rt. Today it would be $100 more for the same flights but I am sure you can play around and get it under $300.

Just read on another thread how a family stayed at the comfort inn at the airport for $88 the night before and that included parking for their car while they were gone nd shuttle service to the airport.

Thank you all of your help on this thread. I ended up flying Jet blue out of PWM on credits and Airtran back from MCO. I have never flown Airtran before so I am a little nervous. But they did let us pick our seats (for a $6 per person fee.) I hope they are OK. :confused3 I am actually nervous about flying two different airlines for one trip, but DH assures me that it will be fine. The flights out of PWM in Aug aren't bad, but flying back were twice the price!! Airtran was half that of SW to MHT and Jet blue to PWM (even with the $20 bag fee!). Logan was the same price, but PWM is so much easier than Logan (And I will pay less for parking too). I am just glad I don't have to look at airfare everyday any more!! :rotfl:

I just booked Austin to Orlando for $110 each way for Sept. on Southwest. This flight has been $128 each way. Hope this helps someone.

I just booked Austin to Orlando for $110 each way for Sept. This flight has been $128 each way. Hope this helps someone.
Wow, maybe there is hope for Dallas too. Was this with Southwest or American? I'll be hunting tomorrow.

We live in Houston and need to fly out to Orlando in September. $203 one way from here and $110 one way from Austin. We booked Austin. It's crazy that it's way cheaper to drive 4 hours to an airport west just to fly back east. Maybe the Houston flights will come down and we can switch, but for now we would rather do that then drive 30 hours round trip.

Honestly, IMO Get the credit if they go down. I wish I had booked my flight earlier. But I just had to wait to see if it went down. and my top three flights kept going up, and then were booked up. I wanted to get into orlando early and use Magical Express.
So now we are flying into Tampa and renting a car and flying home through Orlando.

I ended up paying $205(Providence to Tampa)
and $140 (Orlando to Providence)

However, since I booked my flight a week and a half ago, I have discovered many pluses to us renting a car. Traveling with a baby(will be 8 months) and Ill probably end up going to the grocery store more than once during my trip...
Also, my cousin cant afford to come to us in Orlando, so we can go to her(Odessa)
AND on our last day, we took a later flight so we can go hang out in Orlando for the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter