• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest Prices, aweful

MICOL

DIS Veteran
Waited for late fall prices and there are so high. PVD to PHX $500, they are crazy. Also need a flight to Texas and there are close to $450, No $99 any more

I have been watching SWA too. We fly with points (b/c dh travels so much), but the prices were still crazy high. I checked today and they were the lowest I had seen in a long time so I had him book. We are flying from Indianapolis to Orlando.

Back in 2005...we scored $27 tickets from VA to FL:goodvibes It was an amazing ding fare, but I havent seen fares like that in quiet a few years! We have driven the past few years (because its so expensive these days to fly) and it is not enjoyable.

I feel yall's pain...somewhat anyway.
Just had tocancel our $60 HOU-MCO fares that I snagged on a sale a few weeks ago. Now might just hafta drive...stinking flight fares are too high!

I realize it's not the good old $139 RT days, but we picked up milwaukee to orlando RT during xmas for about $250. I think that's pretty darn reasonable.

I would jump on $250 fares.

I signed up for dings but haven't been getting a thing. Has anyone else?

Are you limited to flying out of Providence. If not it may be worth checking Boston, Manchester, and Hartford. A lot of times the prices for Hartford are better. JetBlue also flies out of there and their prices have been good. We are flying SW in Aug. out of BDL and we paid $200/person roundtrip. I was happy with that considering last Aug. we paid $179 roundtrip so I didn't think it was extremely high.

SWA won a lot of customers when the smartly hedged fuel before the run-up, other carriers had to raise prices, but SWA could keep fares low because of how they locked in their fuel costs, which also allowed them to offer free checked bags, etc. However, their hedging programs have not been as fortunate as of late, and they've needed to adjust their pricing just like every other carrier, and lets be honest those, "free" checked bags are not really free, they're imbedded in the fare you are paying.

SWA won a lot of customers when the smartly hedged fuel before the run-up, other carriers had to raise prices, but SWA could keep fares low because of how they locked in their fuel costs, which also allowed them to offer free checked bags, etc. However, their hedging programs have not been as fortunate as of late, and they've needed to adjust their pricing just like every other carrier, and lets be honest those, "free" checked bags are not really free, they're imbedded in the fare you are paying.

And let's not forget all the $$$ they are raking in from their EBCI fees!

I've been watching fares daily, and just booked our flights today at $112 each leg from New Orleans to Orlando. Fares have been consistently $150/leg, so I've held out, hoping they'd go down and they did. I've been biting my nails, though lol.

Last year, I got them for $69/leg!!! But it was a nail-biter then, too :rotfl: For four ppl, it makes a big difference even when the price falls only slightly on each leg.

Dallas to MCO is $190 one way and $160 the other. That is good for how things are these days. $200 each way is pretty much average.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter