Southwest online check in

TammyC

DIS Veteran
I need some info for a friend flying SW (to Las Vegas). I read about online check in on their website, but figured the frequent flyers here might have better info. I told him he could check in online from home 24 hours in advance. We are not sure if his hotel will be able to do this for his return. So, could I check him in from my computer at home and have him pick up his boarding pass at the airport? What information would I need to do that? Do they give out all of the A and B passes online, or save some for the folks who arrive at the airport early?

I've never flown SW, so really appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,
Tammy

It's best to check-in online at the 24 hour mark. You would need his confirmation number and the name in order to check in for him. He could get a reprinted boarding pass either at a kiosk or from a gate agent at the airport. Use the Travel Tools section of the website and you'll see a section labeled Check in Online/Print Boarding Pass.

HTH

I checked a friend in from work and as the PP said, you need the name of the traveler and the confirmation number. Easy as pie and she and her family were very grateful. They were among the first 5 people on the plane!

Thanks for the info. Any ideas what happens if he doesn't get checked in online? Is his sure to get a C, even if at the airport early?

T

Another option is that he can check in on a web enabled cell phone at mobile.southwest.com . It will show the boarding letter and number on the phone and he would just need to print out the actual boarding pass at the airport. This is how I alway check in at WDW. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info. Any ideas what happens if he doesn't get checked in online? Is his sure to get a C, even if at the airport early?

T

Quite possibly, but maybe not. I (horrors!) totally forgot to check in online one time and we got something like B10-13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter