Southwest Now Offering Checkin 24 Hours Prior to Departure

wee-haggis said:
24 hours before your flight leaves.
If your flight is 11 am on Friday...you can print it off at 11 am on Thursday
Oh, OK, my flight LEAVES 8:15 THURS. so I can print it out 8:15 on WED. Right.?! ;) :rolleyes:

"We were number 20,21 and 22 in Row A!!"

I have never flown Southwest before but flying on a 7 am flight in about a month with my 6 1/2 year old son. When I check-in on line, do the numbers indicate my place in line in Row A. Does this mean it is not who gets to the airport first gets in line first? I want to sit with my son and am trying to figure how early I need to arrive at the airport (Philadelphia). I am very familiar with the airport but have never flown on a Thursday early am flight or with Southwest.

aka-mad4themouse said:
I just got this in my Rapid Rewards email this morning:

This will make it a little easier to get that 'A' boarding pass.

Thanks so much for posting! I accidentally deleted my RR email in my Yahoo acct. and can't get it back... :rolleyes:
I'm thrilled about the change!!! :banana:

The numbers on your BP just indicate where in the checkin sequence that you are. They do not determine your place in line at the airport.

The lines at the airport usually start over an hour in advance of your boarding time.

With an A BP, there will be no problem getting seats together no matter where you are in the A line, all that will happen is you may be further back in the plane. If you want front seats then you need to get to the airport early and stand in line.

All of SW's policies apply to DING fares. When you checkin, arrive at the airport, sit on the plane, SW does not care what fare you have.

The only difference between DING fares and fully refundable fares is just that. The fully refundable part. You can always get a Ticketless travel credit, but to normally get a refund to your CC, you need to have purchases that fully refundable ticket.

Now I know that some have got a refund on other fares, but the stated policy is what I just stated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter