SouthWest is offering 50K points Credit Card again

Another question: what if the 50,000 points isn't quite enough to cover my flights? For example, if the total points for my flights are 65,000 but I only have 50,000, how do I settle the difference? Can I just charge the rest or do I have to buy more points? Thanks!

Another question: what if the 50,000 points isn't quite enough to cover my flights? For example, if the total points for my flights are 65,000 but I only have 50,000, how do I settle the difference? Can I just charge the rest or do I have to buy more points? Thanks!

Just book each leg of the flight separately and pay cash for the legs not covered.

OK... so I am going to sign up.

How can I be alerted when they change the booking window? Right now they are booking almost through June and I need August. How can I know when they are available so I can jump on it right away?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

OK... so I am going to sign up.

How can I be alerted when they change the booking window? Right now they are booking almost through June and I need August. How can I know when they are available so I can jump on it right away?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ
If you sign up for their newsletter, you will get an email when they open up a new booking window. But if you go under Travel Tools on their website right now, you will see this message:
We are currently accepting air reservations through June 30, 2014. On January 27, 2014, we will open our schedule for sale through August 8, 2014. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

If I want to fly from ONT to MCO (those are the airport codes), how many points does that cost, round trip per person? Where does one go to figure this out?

If I want to fly from ONT to MCO (those are the airport codes), how many points does that cost, round trip per person? Where does one go to figure this out?

Go to the Southwest website and search for flights. There is an option to show in dollars or show in points.

So has anyone got the 50k points used them, cancelled the card and reapplied??

We did this a few years ago. Got the cards, when they were up for renewal the following year we cancelled. Got new cards last year and each got 50,000 points again. Still have the cards. Last year I got the Premier Card for $99 so called applied again last week for the regular card and was approved instantly. So, will cancel one of the cards eventually and just use the one. I think it is a great card to have and we only fly SW now.

Just applied over the weekend and got accepted. We applied for one in my name and one in DH name. I can not wait for them to come and spend the money that we need to spend. We have a trip coming up in July and SW hasn't opened July yet. The sooner we get the points then we can watch for sales and book the flights.

Chase is pretty good about keeping track, you need to have cancelled the card for 2 years before reapplying. But there are 4 versions that give the 50,000 points, 2 personal and 2 business, just apply for the one you haven't had yet.

So has anyone got the 50k points used them, cancelled the card and reapplied??

I remember a thread on here last year where someone reported canceling their card and then reapplying 6 months later. They said they received bonus again after just 6 months. This may have been because they applied for the other card the second time.

I remember a thread on here last year where someone reported canceling their card and then reapplying 6 months later. They said they received bonus again after just 6 months. This may have been because they applied for the other card the second time.

Both my husband and myself have done this, and it worked. We did not wait 2 years in between.

Chase is pretty good about keeping track, you need to have cancelled the card for 2 years before reapplying. But there are 4 versions that give the 50,000 points, 2 personal and 2 business, just apply for the one you haven't had yet.

We cancelled after yr 1 on. My wife's card....she got a new one about 11 months later - both the same type of personal cc. No issues and 50k points both times....so you don't need to wait 2 years.

Dh and I both applied and they both got accepted. We did it online on Saturday. How long do you think it will take to get the card?

Anyone know when SW will open July flights?

Thanks

Dh and I both applied and they both got accepted. We did it online on Saturday. How long do you think it will take to get the card?

Anyone know when SW will open July flights?

Thanks

I have always gotten my cards wthin a week or so. The schedule for July opens a week from Monday, on the 27th.

I have always gotten my cards wthin a week or so. The schedule for July opens a week from Monday, on the 27th.

I hope mine comes that quickly. I applied and was accepted on the 10th. I want to start putting stuff on the card so I can make my $2000 and start looking for flights as soon as they open up. I'm going to have to come up with some creative ways to run up that $2000. I also have to put $1500 on my Discover during Feb to meet the final month of one of those 5 month/$200 cashback promotions. Funny when I am making the most of rewards on cc's I sometimes get myself in a situation where I am wishing I had more bills or needed a new appliance or water heater. :rotfl:
I'm seriously considering putting some of my adult son's (who live with us) purchases on the SW card.

I was just wondering if anybody knew how soon you get and can use your points? So if I got a southwest card and charged $2000 on it right away, can I use points to book our flights? :confused3 Thanks for any help! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter