SouthWest is offering 50K points Credit Card again

i know we would have the $138 in yearly fee. How long do you have to keep the card?

Thanks for any help.

There is no time requirement, but since the fee covers a year you might as well keep it for that long.

YES!!! :banana: Just applied for over phone and was approved! I already have 47,000 pts on my Chase Sapphire (transferable to SW) from getting that 40k bonus points promo!

One thing to note when calculating the value of points in the near future: Southwest "wanna get away" is going to change a bit. Read here: http://thepointsguy.com/2013/09/southwest-devalues-rapid-rewards-redemptions-on-wanna-get-away-fares/
Not great news but still a great deal IMO

How can you transfer chase sapphire to SW? Please fill me in. I'd love to do that.

How can you transfer chase sapphire to SW? Please fill me in. I'd love to do that.
It can be done online. Just access your Chase account and then click on the Ultimate Rewards link on the account summary page. It will redirect you to the Ultimate Rewards website but you will retain your login, so your points are displayed and available. Hover over the <Points Transfer> tab and click on Southwest Rapid Rewards when the drop-down appears. You will need the RR# and exact spelling of the first & last names for the account you want to move the points into. Ultimate Rewards points transfer 1:1 into SW Rapid Rewards points but must be done in increments of 1,000. The transfer is almost instantaneous.

I am curious what the fee would be if our flights would be about 56,000 points and we only have the 50,000. Is it a flat cost per point? I can't find the info on their website.

This would be a great way for my ds and dh to take a couple of different trips to Boston to see a couple games. The points are so low they could even bring my dad with!:cool1:

It can be done online. Just access your Chase account and then click on the Ultimate Rewards link on the account summary page. It will redirect you to the Ultimate Rewards website but you will retain your login, so your points are displayed and available. Hover over the <Points Transfer> tab and click on Southwest Rapid Rewards when the drop-down appears. You will need the RR# and exact spelling of the first & last names for the account you want to move the points into. Ultimate Rewards points transfer 1:1 into SW Rapid Rewards points but must be done in increments of 1,000. The transfer is almost instantaneous.

Awesome thank you for your help:)

I am curious what the fee would be if our flights would be about 56,000 points and we only have the 50,000. Is it a flat cost per point? I can't find the info on their website. This would be a great way for my ds and dh to take a couple of different trips to Boston to see a couple games. The points are so low they could even bring my dad with!:cool1:

Not sure of the exact cost but you buy so many points, ex 3,000 or 5,000 should be able to find on southwest site.

Not sure of the exact cost but you buy so many points, ex 3,000 or 5,000 should be able to find on southwest site.

Thanks I found it. I would probably be cheaper to pay OOP for the extra ticket vs buying points. Either way still a good deal!

Does anyone know how long it really takes for the points to be credited to your account? We are going to Disney in August and I don't want to wait too long to book flights. SW has not released flight info for August yet but still, just wondering how much time I would have. I could get the card and charge $2,000 towards our trip right away to meet the requirement. Just wondering what others have experienced. The fine print says 6-8 weeks, is that really the case? This would be a great deal as I need 4 tickets.

Does anyone know how long it really takes for the points to be credited to your account? We are going to Disney in August and I don't want to wait too long to book flights. SW has not released flight info for August yet but still, just wondering how much time I would have. I could get the card and charge $2,000 towards our trip right away to meet the requirement. Just wondering what others have experienced. The fine print says 6-8 weeks, is that really the case? This would be a great deal as I need 4 tickets.

Mine nor DH took 6-8 weeks. I'd say half that. Prob 3 weeks after I spent the $2,000

What do the flights cost with respect to miles?

How many tickets will that 50,000 points get you?

---Paul in Southern NJ

We did it a few months ago and I was able to get 4 one way tickets from KCI to MCO leaving on Memorial day weekend for about 50,000 points. I think I had less then 2000 points left when I was done. We also got 12500 for getting Dish network that I was able to use for a one way ticket home in early June. So I only had to pay for 3 tickets for our trip. Hope this helps.

I am curious what the fee would be if our flights would be about 56,000 points and we only have the 50,000. Is it a flat cost per point? I can't find the info on their website.

This would be a great way for my ds and dh to take a couple of different trips to Boston to see a couple games. The points are so low they could even bring my dad with!:cool1:

I just went into my account to see how much it would cost to buy 6000 points and it was $167. Might be a better deal to just pay for one of the legs of the flights with cash. Or if you know someone who can transfer you points, that would only have a $60 fee.

My husband spend the $2000 to get the 50K in points and his points appeared right away in this acct even before the statement on his credit card closed. This happened in Dec 2013. I was surprised!

I just went into my account to see how much it would cost to buy 6000 points and it was $167. Might be a better deal to just pay for one of the legs of the flights with cash. Or if you know someone who can transfer you points, that would only have a $60 fee.

I think it is better to pay oop based on my hypothetical flights. DH will just have to decide on two separate trips or maybe holding onto some pts in case they make it to the world series again. He can then fly out for one game without the cost being so high. We luckily have family there so realistically it is just game tickets. He is loving this idea b/c it is the airfare that gets costly with 3 people going to just see a ballgame.

If I apply for a card and my DH does also in his own name. When we get the points is there a way to put them together or would we have to book with 2 different accounts when we go to book our flight?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter