Southwest is giving 50,000 points again

Can I book an Airtran flight using my Southwest points?

Do you have an A+ Rewards number? You would convert your Southwest points to Airtran credits. I'm not sure exactly how that works (haven't tried it myself yet!), but I know they have the system set up to do that. :thumbsup2

You can still get it here:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/radio

I got mine 1.5 weeks ago. My husband just applied a few days ago. It's the 50,000 bonus points and a $69 annual fee. :cool2:

Thank you sooo much for the link, I appllied last night and got approved right a way and then when I went to the chase web site my new account was already there!
we r going to AkV for easter but we will use the points for our Thanksging trip!:thumbsup2

We just applied for ours. My husband has decent credit but it still said it was pending. Hopefully he gets approved. Those points would be great for our Decemeber trip since we are taking my dad with us.

has anyone had success applying for this card, and getting the miles, if you have previously gotten the card/miles before, and cancelled the card?

has anyone had success applying for this card, and getting the miles, if you have previously gotten the card/miles before, and cancelled the card?

I've seen this question asked on other SWA threads here and it never seems to get answered so I am guessing the answer is no. I wondered if you can apply again for this if you still have an existing SWA card for which you received points. My husband has a card from 3 or 4 years ago and would like to apply for another to get the points again toward a companion pass.

I noticed it says 50,000 points, but also says 2 roundtrip flights. If I can get 4 flights with the 50,000 points does anyone know if I can do that, or is 2 the max?

thanks

I noticed it says 50,000 points, but also says 2 roundtrip flights. If I can get 4 flights with the 50,000 points does anyone know if I can do that, or is 2 the max?

thanks

Early in the thread, it is mentioned that you get the 50,000 and you can use them however you want!

I applied for and received the card and bonus points back in 2011 and probably cancelled the card mid last year. Just applied again and it says I was approved!

meggybear17 said:
I applied for and received the card and bonus points back in 2011 and probably cancelled the card mid last year. Just applied again and it says I was approved!

Good to know. I would love to know when the credit you with the points.

Thanks to the poster who posted the recent link and all who discussed their experiences. I applied late last night and got approved. I'm very excited about the 50K points bonus as it'll help us "finance" the WDW trip I hope to have at the end of this year.

I checked the "conversion" tool on the SWA website and it shows that 50,000 RR points is equivalent to 41.5 A+ credits on AirTran. We fly out of Grand Rapids so we are still bound to AT. I'm hoping to fly in early November so I am not sure that this would work for us. Are there blackouts for AT flights when using credits? I usually book airfare as soon as it comes out because that is how I have gotten the best fares. If I apply for the SWA card, I would have to wait at least 3 months to book which is much longer than I would normally wait. BUT...if the flight could be booked with credits, regardless of what it costs, then there is no hurry, right?

I'm so confused! We really don't need another credit card, but I would be willing to switch for three months to earn two free flights to Orlando:thumbsup2.

Does anyone know if you can use these points in conjunction with points that I currently have?

Also do the points have to only be use for my ticket or can I purchse tickets for my entire family?

I checked the "conversion" tool on the SWA website and it shows that 50,000 RR points is equivalent to 41.5 A+ credits on AirTran. We fly out of Grand Rapids so we are still bound to AT. I'm hoping to fly in early November so I am not sure that this would work for us. Are there blackouts for AT flights when using credits? I usually book airfare as soon as it comes out because that is how I have gotten the best fares. If I apply for the SWA card, I would have to wait at least 3 months to book which is much longer than I would normally wait. BUT...if the flight could be booked with credits, regardless of what it costs, then there is no hurry, right?

I'm so confused! We really don't need another credit card, but I would be willing to switch for three months to earn two free flights to Orlando:thumbsup2.

My experience with Airtran (which I love, btw!) is that there are certain flights that are not available on Rewards credits. If you log into "My Account", then look at "quick links" and select "Book Reward Travel" you will be able to see which flights are available to book with 8 A+ credits, or 16 A+ credits for Business Class. :) (I have never noticed any Blackout periods, but I'm sure there probably are some around holidays.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter