Southwest is giving 50,000 points again

I'm pretty sure that means SW VISA cardholders (past and present). I mean, I already had a RR # when I applied for the Visa card. It made the whole process easier and my credit card has my RR # printed on it too! :thumbsup2

So, you were able to do the 50,000 points deal?

So, you were able to do the 50,000 points deal?

Absolutely! And the 50,000 points went right into my RR account. My offer was "after 1st purchase" - I did have to wait until the billing cycle ended, but I blinked and the 50,000 points were in my RR account! ;)

Absolutely! And the 50,000 points went right into my RR account. My offer was "after 1st purchase" - I did have to wait until the billing cycle ended, but I blinked and the 50,000 points were in my RR account! ;)

Great! I wouldn't need any points until next summer and I figure I can pay my bills on it for a few months to get the $1000 requirement met quickly.

New Question :confused3
I just got my new card in the mail a few days ago and I called to activate it and didn't think to ask about this.
But i thought that once I got the card I would be automatically enrolled in the Rewards program however I don't see a Rewards number on any of my paper work.
The 50,000 points offer is going to be VERY close to the amount of points I need for our flights so I was also going to sign up for the email for the few extra bonus points and such. I just don't know what my Rewards number is?
Does anyone know where I would find this info?
Thanks!..............again!

I just applied for this card and got the dreaded 'pending' screen. I think it is probably because I was approved for the Chase Amazon card a week ago. It has been several years since I last applied for any credit before last week, so this probably got flagged as unusual activity. Have to call the reconsideration line tomorrow.

New Question :confused3
I just got my new card in the mail a few days ago and I called to activate it and didn't think to ask about this.
But i thought that once I got the card I would be automatically enrolled in the Rewards program however I don't see a Rewards number on any of my paper work.
The 50,000 points offer is going to be VERY close to the amount of points I need for our flights so I was also going to sign up for the email for the few extra bonus points and such. I just don't know what my Rewards number is?
Does anyone know where I would find this info?
Thanks!..............again!

I called regarding this same thing yesterday and was told that I was automatically enrolled in the program when I was approved for the credit card. The rep gave me my rewards number because I didn't see it on any of my paperwork either. :)

I applied last week and so did dh. We were both instantly approved but haven't receive our cards yet and nothing is showing up in my chase account online. I am too lazy to call them. How long did it take to get yours?

I applied last week and so did dh. We were both instantly approved but haven't receive our cards yet and nothing is showing up in my chase account online. I am too lazy to call them. How long did it take to get yours?

I was approved on a Saturday afternoon and got my card the next Thursday.

Wow, I'm sure glad this offer is back! :) I thought after they dropped it to 25,000 it would NEVER come back.
:goodvibes

Let me rephrase that: is there a link for the offer that you don't have to spend $1,000 within the first three months? I could get that amount with tuition but my university does not accept Visa.

Let me rephrase that: is there a link for the offer that you don't have to spend $1,000 within the first three months? I could get that amount with tuition but my university does not accept Visa.

I don't think so. Most cards to get the bonus offers require minimum purchases within a certain time period. Any way you can change textbooks and other needs on it? It will add up quickly!

Yah. Chase got a bit smarter and paired this 50k point offer with a spending requirement

Has anyone considered doing something like this with their SWA points...?

We already have our flights paid for for our next Orlando trip, but am wondering if it's possible to buy a bunch of $50 Walmart gift cards with my points, and then go to Walmart and buy Disney gift cards with them. :goodvibes

Do you think that would work? Or maybe someone is too smart for that and there is some restriction :rolleyes1

Has anyone considered doing something like this with their SWA points...?

We already have our flights paid for for our next Orlando trip, but am wondering if it's possible to buy a bunch of $50 Walmart gift cards with my points, and then go to Walmart and buy Disney gift cards with them. :goodvibes

Do you think that would work? Or maybe someone is too smart for that and there is some restriction :rolleyes1

Could you just buy Disney gift cards in the first place? Our local grocery stores give fuel perks/gas discounts on gift card purchases.

jcemom said:
Could you just buy Disney gift cards in the first place? Our local grocery stores give fuel perks/gas discounts on gift card purchases.

SW doesn't offer disney gift cards for reward points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter