Southwest is giving 50,000 points again

Thanks everyone for the information.

Does anyone have the phone number for the card so I can see my status. Just want to make sure I have something processing.

Thanks

Do you access your Disney Chase Visa online? If so, you can log in to that account and if your SWA approval has gone through, you should see that account listed also! :thumbsup2 You will see the last 4 digits of your new account, but won't know the whole number until your card arrives in the mail. (at least you'll know everything has gone through though! ;))

You can secure-message Chase while logged into your Chase account and they will give you your full acct #. It took a couple days though.

I did this while waiting for my Disney visa card. (We already had the SWA card.) They were offering free DP for Disney cardholders and wanted to book right away. They would not however give me the 3digit code on back which was fine since I ended up not needing that to book a package anyway.

Anybody know how to figure out when our statement closing date will be? We opened the account last week, and the field for statement closing date is currently blank. I was hoping it would fill in at the first of this month, but no luck!

Anybody know how to figure out when our statement closing date will be? We opened the account last week, and the field for statement closing date is currently blank. I was hoping it would fill in at the first of this month, but no luck!

all you have to do is ... phone/call

and ask to change the date

ibob52 said:
all you have to do is ... phone/call

and ask to change the date

I saw where you could request to change the payment date but it didn't say you could change closing date. Thanks!

I read the first several pages in here but I haven't seen anyone ask so far:

If my husband and I each apply for this card, will the 50,000 points be in separate accounts? Or, in the same account (it is this way on our Alaska Airlines).

Just wondering if it's really 100,000 miles or 50k + 50k...

This does seem like a stellar deal, and the annual points are also nice. This would go really nicely with our DVC membership I think!!

Thanks!
Jessica

If my husband and I each apply for this card, will the 50,000 points be in separate accounts? Or, in the same account (it is this way on our Alaska Airlines).

This does seem like a stellar deal, and the annual points are also nice. This would go really nicely with our DVC membership I think!!

Thanks!
Jessica

It is 50000 and 50000. That's what ours were. Of course now they are 3000 and 3000 :) after flying to California and back.

Oh! Thanks! So is it a combined account? (Meaning, when I charge something to my card or when my husband charges something to his, does it go to the same account #?).

Also, do we both have to pay the 69$ annual fee?

Thanks!!
Jessica

Oh! Thanks! So is it a combined account? (Meaning, when I charge something to my card or when my husband charges something to his, does it go to the same account #?).

Also, do we both have to pay the 69$ annual fee?

Thanks!!
Jessica

As mentioned in the previous post....it's 50K pts to each account -- assuming you and your husband each open a card.

Yes if you have 2 different cards, you would each pay the $69 annual fee.

His purchases would go to his account and your purchases would go to your account.

Thanks folks!!

I really do have just ONE more question! This will make or break our decision to get 2 cards...

With Southwest, when you go to book a flight, can you book a flight for a friend? Or only the card holders can use the miles?

Thanks again,
Jessica

Thanks!
Jessica

It's 50k and 50k. :)

Thanks folks!!

I really do have just ONE more question! This will make or break our decision to get 2 cards...

With Southwest, when you go to book a flight, can you book a flight for a friend? Or only the card holders can use the miles?

Thanks again,
Jessica

In my experience, anyone can use the miles, but the cardholder has to book the ticket. :)

Great - I was hoping that was the case!

Well, we've both gone ahead and applied/gotten approved already, so now we should be good to go :goodvibes

100k miles... is a whole lot of miles...

Just in terms of what my husband and I could do with them if we were only to use them to go from Seattle to Orlando, that's about 3 round trip flights for the 2 of us :cool2: ... that covers 3 years of our average DWD habits :D

Really sweet deal.

I got a letter from Chase yesterday that they were going to deposit the 25k miles from the different promotion I requested when I app'd for the card (I app'd originally for a 25k offer then a few days later the 50k for $1k spending in 3 months came out so I switched when I activated the card)

They better give me the other 25k!

Or maybe I'll end up with 75k? ha! :)

I got a letter from Chase yesterday that they were going to deposit the 25k miles from the different promotion I requested when I app'd for the card (I app'd originally for a 25k offer then a few days later the 50k for $1k spending in 3 months came out so I switched when I activated the card)

They better give me the other 25k!

Or maybe I'll end up with 75k? ha! :)

Wait!! They OK'ed the 50,000 and now are taking that back??? I hope not! :sad2:

Ok, I got my card in the mail today (it said nothing about the 50,000 points with the paper work) and have just made my purchase of $1,000 (payment on fall tuition!) and now what? How long do I need to wait for anything to get posted or for points to be in my account.

I just want to be able to book my flights before the prices go up.
Thanks! I'm super excited!! :cool1:

Ok, I got my card in the mail today (it said nothing about the 50,000 points with the paper work) and have just made my purchase of $1,000 (payment on fall tuition!) and now what? How long do I need to wait for anything to get posted or for points to be in my account.

I just want to be able to book my flights before the prices go up.
Thanks! I'm super excited!! :cool1:

You won't get the points until your billing cycle ends. For me, that's the 9th of each month. My points show up in my Rapid Rewards account within a couple days. :)

"Previous and existing Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards personal Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."

So does this mean if I have a Rapid Rewards account, I won't get the 50,000 points? I signed up for Southwest Rapid Rewards several years ago, but I have never had a Southwest credit card.

"Previous and existing Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards personal Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."

So does this mean if I have a Rapid Rewards account, I won't get the 50,000 points? I signed up for Southwest Rapid Rewards several years ago, but I have never had a Southwest credit card.

I'm pretty sure that means SW VISA cardholders (past and present). I mean, I already had a RR # when I applied for the Visa card. It made the whole process easier and my credit card has my RR # printed on it too! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter