Southwest Gift Card and Refund question....

1tufgt

DIS Veteran
Has anyone book flights with southwest gift cards and changed flights when you noticed the fare has dropped? I noticed that I had the option to get a refund (instead of hold for future use). Will they issue this refund on a southwest gift card back to me?

Did you book the Wanna Get Away fare? If you did, you'll still only get a credit even though it offers a refund. Not sure why it gives that option to choose but I tried it just for the heck of it and they only gave me back a credit for future use...same for others here (that I've read).

Did you book the Wanna Get Away fare? If you did, you'll still only get a credit even though it offers a refund. Not sure why it gives that option to choose but I tried it just for the heck of it and they only gave me back a credit for future use...same for others here (that I've read).
I did book the wanna get away fare but book w/ a mix of gift cards and credit card. Was curious since this is the 1st time I've booked with that combination. Oh well if it is credit for a future use I'll find a use for it next year. :)

Southwest is having an error with certain flight reservations on their website. They are aware of the error. Certain reservations are showing refundable even whenever they are nonrefundable flights. They are aware of the glitch and are honoring it, I believe. I got that message whenever I changed a flight that had a lower fare after my original booking. I sent their Facebook a message showing the screenshot and they told me they'd process a refund and appreciated me letting them know I had seen that error when I shouldn't have. I ended up using the credit a few days later so I didn't get the refund, but they did offer it to me!

Southwest is having an error with certain flight reservations on their website. They are aware of the error. Certain reservations are showing refundable even whenever they are nonrefundable flights. They are aware of the glitch and are honoring it, I believe. I got that message whenever I changed a flight that had a lower fare after my original booking. I sent their Facebook a message showing the screenshot and they told me they'd process a refund and appreciated me letting them know I had seen that error when I shouldn't have. I ended up using the credit a few days later so I didn't get the refund, but they did offer it to me!
That is interesting to know. We'll it would be nice to get the refund then. ☺

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter