Southwest flights now up to Sept 15

maryann4086

Where did my other 250 posts go, waaaaaaah
Just booked my flight from buffalo to orlando for aug 25, cost for direct flight was $79 each way. So, total cost for four of us was $700.80, woohoo, no more checking everyday. I feel so relieved, go get em.

I tried booking for Aug 27, return on Sept 5, and lowest fare was 129 each way?
Am I missing a code or something?

I think its just the location, Im flying out of Buffalo, i suppose thats what makes the difference.

Just booked on southwest august 8-23 leaving from buffalo, 5 people 926.40 Now do they send you something in the mail or what they email is all we will need?

yep, i print out three copies, of the confirmation and save it to favourites . You must have those confirmations when you get to the buffalo airport, but thats it.

The last time I flew them out of Buffalo--- (a few months ago to Orlando) they didn't even take my confirmation. They took my liscense and looked it up in their system, even though I had my copy. Always good to have just in case though.

Going Southwest is the greatest though, gottat love direct flights!!

Ours is a direct flight going to Orlando,(arriving at 11:00at MCO) the earlier the better, but I opted to take the latest flight gong back home, even though they did have a non stop flight at 10:40 in the morning. We leave at 4pm, we will be in daytona the night before so that gives us the time to take our time and enjoy a few more hours of that Florida sun.

Originally posted by sweetheart2576
Just booked on southwest august 8-23 leaving from buffalo, 5 people 926.40 Now do they send you something in the mail or what they email is all we will need?

They only send you something if you opt for it. Usually they will email you or you print out the document.
If you have not done this and still have your reservation numbers/letters, just go to the travel center and print it out.

Originally posted by maryann4086
yep, i print out three copies, of the confirmation and save it to favourites . You must have those confirmations when you get to the buffalo airport, but thats it.

No, you do not need those confirmations, you just present your ID. That is all you need, that is the beauty of etickets.

Thanks Gail, I did print them out but just wanted to make sure that that is all I needed. I haven't flown in 2 years and I couldn't remember for anything. There is 9 of us flying all together now just hoping we get A's for our seats.

It cost me $1276 for 5 flights from islip long island to Orland just now. I wonder why the rates went up for August 8th and beyond. I hope they drop. Last year they did drop and I was able to get a refund. This is why I like southwest airlines.

Originally posted by sweetheart2576
Thanks Gail, I did print them out but just wanted to make sure that that is all I needed. I haven't flown in 2 years and I couldn't remember for anything. There is 9 of us flying all together now just hoping we get A's for our seats.

Then you are good to go. :) As to A's, if they are separate confirmations, you can check in online after 12:01 am on the day of your departure. If not, you can try calling SWA and have them separated into individual reservation confirmations.

Originally posted by dbail2
It cost me $1276 for 5 flights from islip long island to Orland just now. I wonder why the rates went up for August 8th and beyond. I hope they drop. Last year they did drop and I was able to get a refund. This is why I like southwest airlines.

Because the sale you saw was for flights up to the 8th of August.
Hang in there, Tuesday is coming. :)

Originally posted by dbail2

when are your dates. I am seeing 74-99 in early Sept.

thank you, thank you!!! (i've been checking every day)

funny tho...........
i thought the fare was pretty high (islip/mco, 8/21 depart, 8/30 rtn ~ $259.20 pp) so i called DH asking how badly he wanted to go out of islip rather than JFK/LGA (figuring in parking at $75, vs. limo to/fro NYC $200, flights around $220 to/fro NYC).
try to continue booking SWA, and i'm timed out :eek: , but then the fare drops $10pp (an omen??!!).
so book it.
but gotta play & look at the flights again..............

now the fare is $214.12 pp!! :confused:
($180 less than the original for 4ppl).
call SWA, rebook, cancel minute-old ressie....viola!!
:teeth:

in about 10 minutes i saved $180 ~ i've never seen fares change so much, so quickly. this will be our 1st SWA flight (1st islip too), very, VERY impressed with their customer service (rec'd refund of original booking, not a SWA credit).

soooooooo dbail2 ~ try again!

& once again OP, THANK YOU!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I rebooked last night and got the lower fair and a credit from southwest for a savings of $450 so now we are staying another night. I had to change my dates but it all worked out.

hey dbail,
what are your dates? looks like we're going around the same time, same airport ~ wonder if we've the same flights..........
(we're leaving 8/21 7:10AM, rtning 8/30 4:40PM ~ our one non-negotiable was non-stop flights).

We're also flying out of Islip on 8/21 (11:15am flight) and returning 8/28 (10:45am flight). We have 10 people, so we booked through group sales at $232.20 per ticket. I still think that's high. The good thing about group sales is that we don't have to make our final payment until 7/7. So if the price goes down we get the lower price (not a voucher). But I have to watch the fares.

Can anyone give me suggestions on how often to call SW to check on prices? In your experience, do the prices change more than once a day? Should I call them every couple of hours?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

We are in Disney Poly (Hawaii Bldg)Aug 24th - 30th,flight back 4:40. Flight down 17th@11:15To Universal first HRH....Cost per ticket was $165 per person...

Originally posted by subatt
We're also flying out of Islip on 8/21 (11:15am flight) and returning 8/28 (10:45am flight). We have 10 people, so we booked through group sales at $232.20 per ticket. I still think that's high. The good thing about group sales is that we don't have to make our final payment until 7/7. So if the price goes down we get the lower price (not a voucher). But I have to watch the fares.

Can anyone give me suggestions on how often to call SW to check on prices? In your experience, do the prices change more than once a day? Should I call them every couple of hours?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Don't bother calling for a price drop, the fares are unavailable and it is highly unlikely that they will open up the "cheap seats". Prices generally change only once a week, on rare occasions, twice a week, but, not daily.
I did check your dates, and they do have some "cheap seats" going to Tampa. Not sure if this would fit into your plans, but, it is an option. It comes out to 166.70 per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter