Southwest flight times release date ???

chris4disney

DIS Veteran
I'm waiting for Southwest to release their next group of flights and their website says that's going to happen on May 14th. Does anyone one if that happens at 12:01am on the 14th? Or does it not get released until later in the morning on the 14th?

TIA!

I'm waiting for Southwest to release their next group of flights and their website says that's going to happen on May 14th. Does anyone one if that happens at 12:01am on the 14th? Or does it not get released until later in the morning on the 14th?

TIA!

Usually around 6am eastern time.

Don't trust that date. I was looking for our out bound leg, we're flying down on Oct 29, and the release date was, I believe, the 24th of Feb. Just by chance I looked a week earlier and there they were. I got a great price but only by chance. SW can and will release earlier than scheduled and there's no email warning, you have to be diligent. Our return flight comes out mid May but I'll be looking every day well before that.

Bill From PA

Yes, Southwest sometimes moves up the release date so keep an eye on their Flight Schedules page to see if the May date changes between now and then. If they do change the date, they will post it there.

I'll definitely check. This makes it difficult for us to book accommodations when airfare doesn't open until 5/14 for early November

I'll definitely check. This makes it difficult for us to book accommodations when airfare doesn't open until 5/14 for early November

I don't get that. We book Board Walk 11 months in advance in order to get a DVC unit so we always have our accommodations before anything else.

Bill From PA

I understand. We are in the process of booking condos now. We have quite a few options regarding dates. I want to avoid flying on or near weekends if possible because fares have been so high from BWI. Our flight last month cost more than the condo because we had booked a place Sunday/Sunday. In our case, if we had our flights booked it would help us decide. It's probably just us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter