• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest - fares sold out already?

RyansMommy03

Earning My Ears
Just got off the phone with SW, and the woman I spoke with told me the $79 "promotional fares" were sold out from MCO to MHT on my return trip 10/3 for the flight we were looking to book. Can this be possible already, I thought these dates were just released today? She seemed surprised by this also, and told me I should book sooner rather than later to get the best rate.

I haven't flown SW before, and was hoping maybe someone had some insight as to whether this fares tend to drop the closer it gets to the departure date, maybe these promotional fares are held for a while? Just trying to debate whether I should book now, or wait and see if the lower rate opens up?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Just got off phone myself with SW trying to book on Oct 9 and 16. Was told that sometimes promo fares aren't in system as soon as booking opens and to check back.

I was watching Southwest's low fares for our June trip for months. When I finalized my dates, the only flights available for low fares were later in the evening. I waited and within a few weeks low fares were available for earlier flights which I booked immediately. So don't despair, they'll open up just keep watching.

Yeah, I totally agree with KKatz, wait Southwest out. They will open up. Unless the fare is amazing when they first come out, wait... they will lower them after a few weeks or so. Watch on Tuesdays, that is when the new sales come out.

Good Luck... I am waiting for the day after Thanksgiving... I have no idea what to expect. I will book if $99 or lower from BUF to MCO and back. Anything higher, I'll wait it out. I booked that day a couple of years ago 4 weeks out, at $79 so I don't think it will sell out 6 months ahead.

Thanks for the replies. I thought it seemed strange that they'd be sold out so quickly. I'm able to get $79 to MCO, but not on the way back, so maybe I'll just go ahead and book that and wait for the return fare to come down. Can you even do that, I thought it was usually more expensive when you just do a one-way?

I'm just dying to get this booked already, it's my last big "to-do"! :p ;)

Originally posted by RyansMommy03
Thanks for the replies. I thought it seemed strange that they'd be sold out so quickly. I'm able to get $79 to MCO, but not on the way back, so maybe I'll just go ahead and book that and wait for the return fare to come down. Can you even do that, I thought it was usually more expensive when you just do a one-way?

I'm just dying to get this booked already, it's my last big "to-do"! :p ;)

There is one available at 79.00. Yes, you can book it oneway and wait. No, it will not cost you more money, if the fare you are purchasing does not require a round trip to get the fare. Click on the link under each fare for specific rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter