• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest Early Bird Check in question

ottawamom

The "Air Miles" Lady
Is it possible to buy the EBCI for only our return trip? If so how do we do it. When I went to book flights it required that I take both outgoing and returning. Can I book EBCI for just the return portion after I book the airfare? Help gratefully appreciated.

Yes definately! Just check the box to select EBCI for each person and or flight you want.

Yep....I always do it for my flight home when I'm on vacation.

When you go into your reservation on the SW site there will be a box that you can check for EBCI. You will need to check it for each person and the leg of the flight that you want it for.

If you have a connecting flight you will get checked all the way through.

Thanks so much for the quick feedback. I am booking flights on Sunday for August and I want to make sure I have all my questions answered before I do.

Yes, there should be an option where you click the box for departing and/or returning flights. Also if you can always add it at a later time too. We have done that in the past as well. My BIL added it a couple days proir to our trip and he actually got better selection number then we did who bought it months proir. Still a nice service.

Has anyone just purchased one early bird check in (instead of one for each person traveling) and saved a seat for the other person(s)? I'm on the fence spending $40 to get round trip EBCI for both of us....if I can just spend $20 and save a seat.

Has anyone just purchased one early bird check in (instead of one for each oerson traveling) and saved a seat for the other person(s)? I'm on the fence spending $40 to get round trip EBCI for both of us....if I can just spend $20 and save a seat.

I was wondering the same thing. We have 2 adults and 2 teens. I was wondering if I could purchase 2 and save 2 seats?

When my wife and I travel on SW, we never buy EBCI. We've been married 40+ years and if we don't sit next to each other for a few hours, it is not a big deal.

Has anyone just purchased one early bird check in (instead of one for each person traveling) and saved a seat for the other person(s)? I'm on the fence spending $40 to get round trip EBCI for both of us....if I can just spend $20 and save a seat.

DW and I have done this in the past, only because of the way we landed up in separate boarding groups. I checked us in at the 24hr mark and I landed up in A group and she landed up in B group. :confused3 First one on saves a seat for the other. Usually we'll pick our seat and put our personal bag in the one right next to it until the other person gets there. Keep in mind, it is open seating. If someone really wants to sit there, they can. I've yet to see anyone really challenge it, but I'm sure it happens on occasion.

Usually I don't purchase EBCI for our flight leaving to WDW. I can usually be at a computer to check us in at the 24hr mark and rarely have any problems getting into the A group (except for the one time I mentioned above). I usually buy us both EBCI for our return trip home. Even if I just buy one, I would still need to check in the other person. So it's worth it (and less hassle) for me to just buy us both the EBCI right away, and enjoy the last day of our vacation. Instead of worrying about checking in the other person.

I always figure for the price of air fare I should be able to sit with the person I'm traveling with instead of strangers. I've had to sit away from people I was traveling with a few times. On our last flight from MCO, a family with 5 kids got seats all over the plane. The little boy that sat with us puked all over the seat and floor. There were no empty seats for us to move to. So we had to smell vomit covered in coffee grounds for the 2.5 hr ride home. The boys parents were sitting at the front of the plane with a younger child so they didn't want to change seats.
On the way down to MCO I printed boarding passes right at the 24 hr mark as well and I got A and my fiance got B. I boarded before him and put my laptop on hiis seat and told people he was using the restroom (which he really was....in the airport when I got called to board)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter