Southwest Ding...Wed. special

I need to book our honeymoon flight for October! I am kicking myself because I should have purchased it while it was $81 each way when they had the 15% off Ding, but I didn't!

You can still get a Ding flight if they offer something that you could use for your honeymoon!! All you do is start to book the Ding fare then before you purchase it, open another Southwest screen, cancel your original fare and take the credit. You then apply the credit to your new flight (and you'll have credit left over for another trip!).

We did this in 2006 and ended up going from $1100 flights for the 4 of us, to about $450 flights with $650+ left over that my husband & I used to travel to AZ, then I also traveled to FL again, PLUS we passed along another $100. of left-over credit to my BIL!:cool1:

I have a question. I just signed up for SW Ding. If you do get a Ding how long do you have to respond?

I just downloaded "Ding" back onto our computer. This is what Southwest is posting on the "Ding" Update

"We are getting ready to celebrate 37 years of flying. On Wednesday, get ready for some very limited time offers as our gift to you!"
:cool1: :cool1:

Keep waiting!! They are coming!!:woohoo:

No Dings yet??? I am still waiting! I just booked Airtran for Houston in August. With my luck, Southwest will come out with a great fare for Houston now! :rotfl2:

Ok - I'm ready. Can't get ding on work computer so I downloaded it to son's laptop and brought that with me to work. We pick up some random wireless at the office. Not sure how safe that is- may be sorry later on!!!!!!! Bring on the dings.

My ding say there will be specials on Wed. for their 37 years of flying. Any guess on what they will be??

I know this may sound crazy, but are you the britfish from the Russian adoption forums? I used to frequent there several years ago.

Tick...Tock...Tick....Tock....Tick...Tock...;) ;)

I have no money at all, but am anxious to see the Ding fares...:goodvibes

On June 18, Listen for the DING!
Tue, 06/17/2008 - 22:47 — Paula Berg
URL:
http://www.blogsouthwest.com/news/on-june-18-listen-ding

Listen for the DING! As Southwest Airlines Celebrates 37 years of FUN

On Wednesday, June 18th, Southwest Airlines celebrates 37 years of flying by offering great DING! fares. Southwest will offer rates as low as $37 one-way (not available in all markets), for 37 minutes. Final offers will end before 7:37 p.m. These super-low fares will be offered five times throughout the day.

Subscribers will receive details on the promotion today via DING! Flights will be available for travel July 8 through October 30. Roundtrip airfare is not required to book flights. Listen for the DING! throughout the day for exciting low fares!

Using DING! is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Visit www.southwest.com, download the DING! application, and an icon representing the Southwest Airlines plane tail will display in the system tray – the lower right hand corner of the screen, where the network connection and time icons are located.

2. Once installed, DING! will automatically inform subscribers when super-low fares are available with the sound of a bell chime and the appearance of a small envelope above the DING! icon.

3. When subscribers hear the chime or see the envelope, they can click the DING! icon to find super-low fares available only to DING! subscribers.

I have a question. I just signed up for SW Ding. If you do get a Ding how long do you have to respond?

if i remeber correctly it is usually a few hours...unless the seats all sell quickly & then it might be less than that. :)

Normally the Ding rates are available for several hours, but that won't be the case with the specials today.

"On Wednesday, June 18th, Southwest Airlines celebrates 37 years of flying by offering great DING! fares. Southwest will offer rates as low as $37 one-way (not available in all markets), for 37 minutes. Final offers will end before 7:37 p.m. These super-low fares will be offered five times throughout the day."

It also says that the flight availability could be from July 8 through October 30 depending on the specific offer.

Darn, so much for my December dates; not that I expected anything for that far out since those dates have not been released yet, but it would have been nice.
:thumbsup2

You would think if they are going to offer these 5 times during the day the first one would have to be soon!!!:hyper:

Heres a question, if you arent home when the Ding goes off, will you see anything on the icon to know you missed a ding? Im new to all this, kinda doing a test run....dont need tickets for Disney this year, but I do need for NC, so if I luck out for that Ill be just as happy.

I just signed up for DING a few minutes ago and I am in the process of customizing my preferences. I am confused as to which airports I sign up for (you sign up for 10) Are those the airports you want to fly out of or both ones you want to fly out of and fly to as your destination? In other words, do I list MCO since I want to fly there or do I just list airports near my home?

I so wish the ding would show up! I booked tickets down for $79.50 inc tax pp from rdu to mco a couple weeks ago, so I'm hoping I can get an even better deal coming back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter